November 17, 2017, 10:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Qualifying procedure?  (Read 644 times)
sally
« on: November 06, 2004, 06:16:38 PM »

Read on Jayski this AM about the newly proposed qualifying procedures.  I hope I mis read it, so someone out there correct me if I did:  The top 35 teams are guaranteed a starting spot, no matter how they qualify.  Any new/ part time teams can only qualify 36th or worse?  Let's see...you have how many teams out there that can't find sponsors, so you're going to encourage more teams to start up by giving them a handicap before they even hit the track?  Boy, that aughtta work well.

But, with the what happens lately, I don't suppose I should get worried that it will happen until I hear it from Jimmy Spencer on IWC Monday night.  He's the official mouthpiece for bad news lately.

Sally[/b]
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 04:05:12 PM »

You sure have a good memory, Sally. I remember that IWC show with Jimmy the Mouth also.
 Let's hope Jayski is wrong about this one.
 Dick Smiley

P S- do I get another little Blue helmet yet?? I just love little blue helmets! :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 09:30:17 PM »

Just realized I forgot to congratulate Sally on Curmudgeon status.  CONGRATS, SALLY!  

Don't know where the next break for you will come, Dick.

Nascar as we know it is gone.  Quals will change if Brian has made up his mind and he must have or we would not hear the rumor.  Too bad for us fans and for the drivers.
sally
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 10:25:50 PM »

Thanks, Viv, but I think I've been a curmudgeon most of my life!  I still say let's hear what Spencer has to say...if it comes from him (Brian France's version of Edgar Bergen), then we know we're stuck.  

Sally :roll:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 05:08:51 PM »

This article by Tom Bowles explains the effects of the new qualifying procedures on smaller teams--and it's not good:

http://www.frontstretch.com/bowles/041108a.htm

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 06:48:14 PM »

Great article, Desmond.  I do think there will be problems for smaller teams if it comes about.  I personally do not like all the provisionals they give.  Seems like more and more depend on them.  I think everyone should have to qualify to be in the race.  But the only thing we can count on, unfortunately, is that whatever Brian decides, then that is what it will be.  No need for us to worry ourselves as we have no control over any of it.  All we can do is complain and be irritating to some while we continue to stew in our own discord.  Like Dick said in a post, I think I am getting too old to stay up on all of it.  However, I just can't seen to let it go.  I am addicted to the racing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: