November 21, 2017, 03:45:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am back with another great idea.....  (Read 2191 times)
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« on: November 07, 2004, 10:54:23 PM »

I've been thinking lately, which is why I haven't been around, as I can't think and type (that was an open door for you, Lou).  I remember a while back there was some talk about wanting to make a Nascar reality show.  I realize that they did the 360 thing and the NBS 24/7, but I have a better idea.....

We are stuck with this silly chase, right?  And they keep telling us that it is exciting, right.....  Well, then, the only logical thing to do now is to take the top ten drivers in points, make them live in a house together, and each week, the public can vote someone out.....At the end of ten weeks, we have our champion.  Of course they will all have to go through different, non-racing related challenges like swim suit competions and that sort of thing, which shouldn't be too hard for them after their New York fashion show....Heck, they could even share a New York apartment instead of a house....

Seriously though, this makes much more sense than the way we ARE deciding a champion and then they will have their reality show.  

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 09:42:41 PM »

I love it Staci, but I want to vote someone in.  So let's start with votes to get the top ten drivers "in" first.  Then it could go just my way since I am a ballot stuffer now.   :twisted:

Seriously, I do think it would and could work.  Great idea.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 02:49:43 AM »

Tony Stewart in a swin suit...scary thought...lol..fun idea though!

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 03:52:09 PM »

Beth, I have one thing to say....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.  Based on that, I don't think we should vote him in.  Unless he wore a really long one with a t-shirt or something.  Either that or he would get voted out first I think.  Lol.

And sure, Viv, you can vote someone in.  The idea still needs tweaking and since I think you are still on my payroll (you have been getting the checks, right?) you have every right to put in your ideas.  (All royalty goes to me, though, on your good ideas, k?  Maybe I will give you a raise.)

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 10:06:01 PM »

Well, we saw Tony's legs when he was putting on panty hose per Lance's suggestion.  I could deal with him in a swim suit.  Ummmmmmmmmmmmm  We need a licking my chops emoticon!!

When is the show slated to start?  Everyone needs to vote someone in.  Let's do it!

But first, much to everyone's dismay, I would probably want to put Robby Gordon in though he is not my very first favorite.   We need spice!   :wink:
sally
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 10:36:14 PM »

Vivian, I think Tony would have to shave more than his legs to be appealing in a bathing suit.

Sally
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 07:25:19 PM »

Ok Vivian, I'll see your Robby Gordon, and raise you Kevin Harvick.  I just think he is pretty funny most of the time, and he would probably come up with neat little nicknames for all of the housemates.

The show is still in negotiations, which we all know, could take a while.  I think I am going to try and sell it to ESPN.  Hell, I'll GIVE it to ESPN......

DEFINITELY no DW narrating or hosting.....

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 10:03:43 PM »

Sally wrote:

Vivian, I think Tony would have to shave more than his legs to be appealing in a bathing suit.

Maybe it was leg shaving Lance suggested.  For some reason pantyhose was on my mind.

Okay, we will take Harvick.  It is okay by me to just give it to ESPN and you can make that decision, Staci, since you are Official Chair Person.

We need input from everyone else.  Come on, Members, put your vote in.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 05:27:28 PM »

You would have to put in both Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Michael Waltrip for the ratings.  And since Kasey Kahne hasn't won anything yet, put him in too.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2004, 07:30:48 PM »

Desmond,

Yes, I agree that (even though I hate to say this) Micheal Waltrip would have to be in.  Only because we would have to have someone with their head up you-know-where.  Seems like every "reality" show (not that I am admitting that I have ever watched one, but I hear talk, lol) needs someone like him.

I am on the fence with Kasey Kahne, though, only because of what you pointed out, he hasn't won anything yet.  But, based on "reality" shows, I think he would fit right in as the fresh-faced, wet-behind-the-ears guy.  So ok, you swayed me.  As long as that puts Jeremy Mayfield out.

I'd also like to see either Dale Jarret or Jeff Burton in because they are both well spoken and not afraid to complain when it needs it.  Plus DJ could be the father figure type.  Not that Mark Martin wouldn't fit that part, but DJ seems to have that kind of respect.

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2004, 09:21:02 PM »

I agree with having Jarrett in there.  He should be in.  Also think Jr and Mikey are okay.  BTW, is Tony in?  Maybe since he was so close this year, we could put Jamie in?  Once we get all the names in the hat, maybe we can vote.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2004, 11:08:45 PM »

I vote in Jeff Gordon Smiley

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 04:19:26 AM »

I am going to state this just once, and I have the final say according to Vivian since I am COP.

ABSOLUTELY NO KURT BUSCH.

I am sure there will be people who may want to argue with me, but it is my final answer.  No negotiations.  If this were based only on driving, I would say definitely he would deserve to be there.  However, since this will be a reality series, I don't want to have to listen to him talk.  Perhaps I am not being fair, but I couldn't stand to week after week have to listen to him use big words I don't think even he understands.

Also, I want Rusty in.

Staci
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2004, 04:20:36 AM »

Yes, Vivian, Tony is in.  Every reality show has to have its DIVA.  LOL.   :lol:

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 06:13:43 PM »

Are we going with Jamie or Kasey?  Hopefully, Jamie since I like his "cool" take on most things.  He seems more down to earth and would fit in okay, imo.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: