November 19, 2017, 12:10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oops...  (Read 1174 times)
Vivian
« on: March 11, 2004, 01:49:48 AM »

I have just realized I called it IWC rather then INC and no one bothered to correct me so I must apologize for my error.   :roll:
And speaking of the big "N", those colors really don't impress me.  Plus, I noticed in the race Sunday that the #17 and #22 look too much like the "N" colors and I always have to do a double take.  And while I am at it I think they are wasting too much of the screen with all that gold & orange rolling, flickering filler when they do screen splitting. It is distracting even though the split screens do show some adequate pictures.
Any opinions on this?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 01:59:53 AM »

Don't you dare apologize for that, Vivian!  I will always call it Inside WINSTON Cup!  

Just like the series will always be Winston Cup to me or simply Cup.  So far, Nextel has not done anything for the sport, except for putting together a bunch of PR commercials that don't impress me much.  I've always hated their annoying walkie-talkie phones, so I'm not about to give them free advertising.    Right, Sally?

Cheryl
texaspony
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 03:30:40 AM »

Right on the money Cheryl concerning Nextel. And yes those phones are sooooooo annoying!!!
sally
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 04:30:54 AM »

Cheryl, you know how I feel about the wireless company that is currently sponsoring Nascar Cup racing.  Like you, until they do something other than try to suck as much money out of race fans as they can, they don't exist for me.  I'm insulted by their commercials, when they know squat about racing, and use the tracks that are being eliminated in their commercials.  Remember, they didn't even get the date right on the original commercials about when Nascar was formed! (they said 1957).  I personally don't think they'll even last 5 years as sponsor.  I think Nascar Winston Cup Scene was very smart when they changed their name to just Nascar Cup Scene.  I approve. Cool
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: