November 21, 2017, 04:48:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Press Conference  (Read 525 times)
Vivian
« on: November 01, 2004, 11:26:44 PM »

I know it was several days ago but I did want to comment on it.  Did anyone else watch?

Mike Joy did an excellent job of keeping things under control.  One reporter kept asking about Rick being in charge/control of eveything and Mike finally said it was an inappropriate question.  Bravo for him.

Jeff and Jimmy seemed to take the attitude that since it had to be done  they did a very good job of keeping things in check.  I cannot remember the exact remark but Jeff really let them know they just want privacy and time to deal with it.  He was visibly shaken during the whole conference.  I too wish everyone would now just go on and let them heal as best they can.  Guess I felt worse for Brian as he told them at the beginning he just could not participate and answer questions.  I totally understand that.  Terry also was quite shaken and did his best to keep control but you could see him falter a couple of times.  It was a very emotional conference.  I did not envy them at all.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 02:49:07 AM »

Glad you brought this up Vivian.  I recorded the press conference and watched it Saturday.  I thought all of the Hendrick drivers showed a great deal of maturity with their comments.  Jeff took the lead, but it was really a team effort.  Terry jumped in when Jeff seemed at a loss for words, showing he was the calmest and more experienced of the group.  Jimmie was very impressive when he spoke up as well.  Brian, I just felt so damn bad for since he was closest to Ricky.  He's just a kid himself.  Robbie Loomis looked horrible!  Did you notice those black circles under his eyes?  Does he always look like that?  I doubt it.  And yes, I agree that Mike Joy was the consummate professional in shutting up that one pushy reporter.  I meant to drop him an email and compliment him on his class, but never got around to it yet.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 04:35:28 PM »

Remember that Brian Vickers was also a friend of Adam Petty, who was killed on May 12, 2000.  He has already dealt with far more pain of loss than anyone else of his age.  Keep praying for him especially.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: