November 20, 2017, 04:44:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is Cingular paying NBC/TNT?  (Read 690 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: November 01, 2004, 03:12:45 AM »

For a driver out of the top ten Robby Gorson sure gets a heck of a lot of coverage. I know today he ran in the top 3 for a good part but other races he can be 20th and get more coverage than some of the top 5 guys. I even saw  in the Joyce Julian(?) report where Cingular was the 3rd or 4th most shown sponsor during races.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 06:08:11 PM »

As the late great wrestling announcer gorilla monsoon would say obviously it,s not enough.

If i confused anybody i,m talking about the money sponsors pay networks.

Ohh yes i used to watch wrestling at 1 time.

I hardly ever watch it now as basically it is a joke just like nascar has turned into.

Plus they do a bunch of stupid stuff like nascar has done.

Maybe nascar gets their ideas from wrestling?
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:58:06 PM »

Robby had a beautiful paint job this weekend.  He was in the news a lot this past week due to having his own team next year.  I think he was shown more due to that.  Plus he was consistanly running the high line which no else was doing so that was another reason.  I was happy to see him run well and have good luck for a change and not crash anyone out.
sally
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:11:44 PM »

You have to admit, there is usually lots of action around Robby on the track.  It's better than watching the leader, 6 seconds ahead of the field, running all by himself.

Sally

Yeah, the ATT/Cingular colors sure looked great on the track.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 02:51:38 AM »

I guess we will all be seeing Jeff Burton a lot more next year.  They just mentioned on IWC that he will move to the 31 car and Cingular has re-signed for next year.  Great deal for Jeff and I'd much rather he get the coverage than Robby.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 04:26:08 AM »

RCR announced Friday that Cingular has re upped for another two years.  Guess they weren't willing to concede the field to the wireless company that currently sponsors the series.  Apparently Robby told RC back in August (conveniently?) that he wanted to run his own team.  Jeff Burton seems to be the piece that was missing for that team.  No word on the #31 until Homestead?

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 04:30:36 PM »

Sally, you meant the #30 car, but that's OK.

Apparently, the reported deal with Jack Daniels is taking a very long time to approve.  RCR is prepared to name Dave Blaney as the driver.

Back to the TV coverage, remember that TV networks and NASCAR sell to companies separately.  Each race has ads for Lowe's and Home Depot, Coke and Pepsi, and other companies.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: