November 20, 2017, 01:32:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta Busch race  (Read 495 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: November 01, 2004, 02:50:30 AM »

TNT coverage of this race was the absolute worst I have seen of any Nascar race this year. If you were not running in the top 5 or named Stremme or Truex you were not on TV except for a brief segment on "through the field", which by the way consisted of 42 cars not the 20 that was shown. If there was any racing midpack we did not see it, but I sure enjoyed lap after lap of cars 1-3 playing follow the leader; until about the last 1/4 of the race.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 06:46:56 PM »

I was also disappointed with the Busch coverage.  There are so many up and coming drivers in that series who never get mentioned.  I don't know why Stremme seems to be such a media favorite but he always is.  I can see them talking of Truex more since he is in the points lead but I also think he gets a lot more attention due to the fact that he drives for Jr.

Not the broadcast itself, but on a racing aspect:  How the heck did they think we would all fall for that justification they used for giving Truex the lucky dog pass.  Talk about conspiracy.  Wow!!  I was amazed.  The debris appeared to be rubber from a tire, he made laps with a tire that was shredding but they could not conclusively prove it was his?  :?  I really like Truex but I just can't deal with favoritism sometimes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: