November 18, 2017, 08:51:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RED SOX WIN!  (Read 738 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: October 28, 2004, 04:25:09 PM »

I can't believe no one here has yet reacted to one of the most important moments in the recent history of American sports.

Yes, the Boston Red Sox are the reigning champions of baseball!

I especially would like Ron to tell us what the reaction is in New York to the Yankees' loss in the American League Championship Series after leading 3 games to 0 and one inning away from another pennant, and also to seeing the Sox go on to win the World Series.

Rejoice, "Red Sox Nation"!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 06:49:18 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
I can't believe no one here has yet reacted to one of the most important moments in the recent history of American sports.

I just kind of lost interest in baseball when I got into racing.  Then the strike just kind of killed it entirely for me.  If I was still following baseball, it would be the hometown team (Baltimore Orioles), but they are so bad I don't really care one way or another about them either.  But I AM glad the Yankees lost... :wink:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:17:12 PM »

Like everything else, I kind of put it on the back burner this week.  I was surprised at them taking 4 straight.  They really did a fantastic thing this year and deserve to be in the spotlight for sure.  However, when that one fan died from the celebration then I just kind of kept an eye on the scores but not on the game.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 02:37:14 PM »

Yeah i was surprised the red sox came back and won 4 in a row against the yankees.

And i was even more surprised they beat the cardinals 4 games in a row i think the reason they did that was they just had it that momentum.

I think the momentum they had from beating the yankees carried them onto the world series championship.

I did think the world series was going to go 7 though.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 04:25:26 PM »

Bryan, I'm sure that Fox didn't want a sweep either.  This just means three more days of reruns for them.

The parade is Saturday and city officials are bracing for a crowd of 5 million(!) people.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 06:47:35 PM »

You know the worst thing about when a team wins a major game is when these so called fans feel like they gotta destroy stuff. Cause riots and cause trouble i think that,s really ashame.

It,s supposed to be a time of celebrateing but yet some people feel it,s a time of destruction.

I feel that is a real shame.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 07:10:04 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
You know the worst thing about when a team wins a major game is when these so called fans feel like they gotta destroy stuff. Cause riots and cause trouble i think that,s really ashame.

It,s supposed to be a time of celebrateing but yet some people feel it,s a time of destruction.

I feel that is a real shame.

I couldn't agree more, Bryan!  I think that is so disgusting!  All the "rioting" and stuff when a sports team wins.  I really don't understand what makes people act like that.  Thank goodness, we never see that in NASCAR!  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 05:52:19 PM »

The actual crowd was 3.2 million people for yesterday's parade.  The parade was interesting in that Red Sox players, the manager, coaches and officials traveled in amphibious vehicles called duck trains on both the city streets and in the Charles River.

Thankfully, there were no reports of major violence.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: