November 18, 2017, 10:11:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A true fan has left  (Read 576 times)
Vivian
« on: October 21, 2004, 12:54:23 AM »

the internet media world and although I miss her, I also envy the fact that she can let go and place family above the sport of Nascar racing.  I wish her the best of everything in the future and hope to stay in touch with her.

Today there was no Lady In Black at Insider Racing News.  There was no Jamie McCutie, Bud Stud, Mini Me or any of the other special names that she used to make me smile and wonder at her ingenious way of naming all the drivers in a way that would catch our attention and we would immediately know to whom she was referring.  She had a way with words that got our attention and she used a logic which made us stop and think about the way Nascar used to do things compared to the way they do them now.  These were her normal Wednesday reports.  On Monday's she would tell us funny stories from way back and then other times she would express her feelings on Nascar - where it came from and where she thought it was now heading.

I will truly miss her and I feel I gained a lot of knowledge plus a different way of looking at things from her.  I wish the best for her with her family and admire her for her choice.

Take care, Patty Kay, our dear Lady In Black.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 04:11:17 PM »

Patty, thank you for the best column on the Internet.  More importantly, thank you for having your priorities straight.  I hope you enjoy the time you now spend with your husband and grandchildren.

Somehow, it's appropriate that it comes in the same week that Dave Barry stopped his column for just about the same reasons.

I'll miss both of them dearly.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

Desmond, I don't surf an awful lot so I have no idea who Dave Barry is.  Fill me in on him?   Thanks....
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 03:54:21 PM »

Dave is one of the most famous humorists in America.  He has written seven books, has a syndicated newspaper column (which is what I said in the last post he is giving up), and his life was the basis of the CBS sitcom Dave's World, which ran for one season.

Only being of help as always...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 04:21:35 PM »

Thanks, Desmond.  My world sometimes is very small.  I never watch sitcoms and do not go to movies.  No movies because of allergy problems (too many people wearing fragrances that really effect my breathing) and I just no longer like to be around crowds like that.  I was constantly away from home when I was working and in such a rush/rush world that I simply love small towns now which have less people.  I do like people though so hope you don't take this wrong.  I just don't keep up with the lifestyles of public figures, who they are or what they do.  Only people in racing catch my attention nowadays.  And of course my friends and people I have come into contact with on this forum.    Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: