November 19, 2017, 10:38:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing or lack thereof  (Read 1006 times)
maxcres
Sophmore

« on: March 07, 2004, 03:32:56 PM »

Greetings and top of the morning to one and all.  Last night I wathched the F1 race, or was it an assembly line, anyway, as is usually the case the pole winner won the race.  How is it that anyone can compare Nascar to F1.  While I will be the first to tell you that nascar races are not as good as previous years and decades, I would certainly take it over that thing I watched last night.  I find Nascar pit stops to be more exciting. Did anybody else watch it?
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 07:58:16 PM »

Yes, I watched, and I thought it was boring, even as F1 races go!  And they people at F1 have the nerve to call Nascar boring?  Montoya was the only one who passed anyone the entire race.  Yawn.  If it weren't for Davis Hobbs wry wit doing commentary, it wouldn't be worth watching at all.  Once the field gets past turn 1 (usually crashing at least 2 cars), just go down the starting grid, allow for cars blowing up, and you have your finishing order. :roll:
    It's all about the technology in F1.  Period.
Sally
maxcres
Sophmore

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 01:02:52 AM »

Sally, it's funny that you mentioned Montoya because I was rooting for him to win.  I alway's liked him, but I found a new found appreciation after seeing the swap he had with Jeff Gordon, my favorite driver in Nascar.  Your right in saying that he seemed to be the only one that did any passing, he looked like he was driving hard out there.  Apart from that it was extremely boring to watch
sally
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 01:16:03 AM »

Max (you don't mind if I call you just Max, do you?), after watching the race from Vegas today, I won't say anything bad about F1 any more.  It wasn't much more boring than what passed for a race today.  Either that, or the incoherent coverage from Fox made it that way!
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: