November 19, 2017, 04:09:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the deal in yesterdays bgn race?  (Read 542 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: October 11, 2004, 02:14:05 AM »

I heard them say tony and mike bliss got into it?

Was there a physical altercation in the garage area?

What occured to start this?

Did tony snap again?

Tony stewart the ken shamrock of nascar.

Did anything happen between joe nemechek and tony stewart?

I was gone yesterday so i missed the bgn race but i heard them talk about stewart this morning on the show on fox sports and i heard nbc talk about stewart.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 07:27:14 AM »

Bryan,

Tony Stewart refused to talk to the media after Saturday's race.  We do know that Joe Nemechek apologized for the incident.

As for the alleged confrontation with Bliss, NASCAR said that it will investigate.  The potential penalties could cost him more than what Earnhardt, Jr. lost by saying what he did on TV.  Certainly, nothing that happened in the race comes even close to explaining this.

Prediction: Stewart's career will end prematurely when NASCAR strips him of his competition license.  It's never happened before, but in life anything is conceivable.

Then where does he go?  Back to IRL?  Sprint cars?  A real job? :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 06:42:28 PM »

If that ever happened where they permanantley stripped his license from him.

He would go back to the irl.

I,m pretty sure tony george would accept him back they would love to have an ex nascar superstar in their series.

Tony george would welcome stewart with open and loving arms.

And probably get stewart to comeback with a lot of cash too.

And a good ride.

I wonder if stewart if he were to ever go back to the irl would join foyt,s team.

I know him and foyt are very close.

Not sure if any of you knew this but foyt actually helped stewart to get his first major ride in indycar with team menard.

Stewart was actually a crew member for aj foyt,s team in the 1995 indy 500 he was working on eddie cheever,s team he didn,t get to work as cheever was taken out of the race in the first lap accident of that race.

Foyt was responsible for getting stewart his first major ride in racing.

Speaking of aj foyt did anybody who post here did anyone know he will turn 70 years old in january of 2005.

I,m sure stewart thinks of foyt as a mentor or father figure.
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 08:37:57 PM »

According to Jayski article links, Tony went to the hawler to confront Bliss and wound up punching him a few times.  And Jim Hunter said it is a Busch Series issue and has nothing to do with Cup.  Personally, I think it will be resolved where there are no penalties unless they won't let him race in Busch the rest of the year which is really no punishment at all since he is not a regular Busch driver.  and maybe a monetary fine.  They probably will just chalk it up to mis-communication betweent them on the track.  Who knows?   :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: