November 21, 2017, 03:44:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How did FX Do on this Broadcast?  (Voting closed: March 16, 2004, 09:15:42 PM)
It was a great broadcast - 0 (0%)
About Average for Fox/FX - 2 (40%)
Not a very good broadcast - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate the Sams Town 300 Broadcast  (Read 1460 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 06, 2004, 09:15:42 PM »

Post your comments on the FX broadcast of the Busch Race from Las Vegas here.
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 12:25:09 AM »

Too many ads.  Too much DW.  Commentators who know less than I do.  Too much confusion!!!
Sally
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 03:13:58 AM »

I agree way to many comercials.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 02:11:11 PM »

Yes, I noticed FX managed to get in 3-4 breaks during those last two cautions.  Instead of resetting the field and trying to explain to us who was on the tailend of the lead lap.  They were doing a decent job up until then and after that first caution when Casey Atwood blew up during green flag pit stops, I couldn't even follow what was going on in the race after that and mostly lost interest!   Why it is NBC can take the time to do a verbal rundown naming the drivers on the lead lap AND the ones who are on the tailend of the lead lap in this type of situation?  But Fox can't manage to do the same?  

Then they don't even mention the controversy about where Biffle was placed until they get graced by the appearance of Helton in the booth?  Even if Mike Joy and group didn't know what was going on, they could've at least told the folks at home they didn't understand the ruling.  I guess they think we are all new fans and wouldn't understand anyway.

Also, from the time that ridiculously long pre-race show came on, they seemed ot focus on buschwhackers only.  When I saw it was 35 minutes to the green flag, we turned back to motorcylce racing on the Speed Channel.  Just kept f/x in the picture and picture until the cars were actually on the track.  

Also during the race, Meyers and others seemed to be completely merging the two series, especially when talking about Kahne's results the last few weeks.  I guess to them Cup racing is all that matters.  Also once they referred to him as a "rookie."  Um....doesn't he have two full years running Busch, so he's a hardly a rookie in that series.  

Lastly, I absolutely LOVED David Green's disparging comments about the "Whoopie Dog or Lucky Dog" and how he couldn't understand why the guys getting that welfare pass were going by him during caution when they'd never been racing him all day long.  Way to go, David!  Too bad you gott "Biffled" there at the end of the race.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 09:40:24 PM »

Too much confusion in the tower, way too many commercials, and too much trying to cover or evade the placement of blame on some of the drivers who literally screwed up and created problems for others.
I, too, LOVED what David Green had to say.  He hit the nail on the head with that one.    Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: