November 18, 2017, 12:50:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone besides me think speed tv,s website is slow?  (Read 1067 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: October 09, 2004, 06:36:09 AM »

I was trying to get on their website overnight to find out details about the formula one race in japan and i could not get on their website it was loading up slow or acted like it didn,t want to load at all after a few minutes i just gave up trying to get into the website.

I also wanted to e-mail despain several months ago but i,m not going to e-mail the windtunnel show when i can,t even get on their stupid website.

I think it said i had to have or do something to get on their website or i needed a piece for my computer or something i don,t know.

Typical fox generic website.

That is a generic watereddown version of a website.

I remember what the old speedvision website and message board was like.

Fox,s version is lame compared to the old speedvision,s website and message board.

I ain,t going to waste my money and buy some piece for my computer just to get on a fox website no way.

Since i couldn,t get on speed,s website does anyone who posts here know anything about whether or not the japanese grand prix whether qualifying will be ran or whether the race will be ran this weekend?

They said some typhoon or super typhoon was heading straight for japan there was some talk yesterday about them cancelling the japanese grand prix.

So if anyone knows anything about it could you either e-mail me please?

Or post something on the message board about that race?

Thanks.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 07:11:22 AM »

Bryan, the typhoon has moved out of the area and the race is taking place right now.  It began at 10:30 p.m. Pacific time (12:30 a.m. Central).

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 03:54:23 PM »

I agree, Bryan.  The Speed web site is the slowest thing to download!  I think it's because they have all that flashy junk on the main pages.  It's a pain to try to go there for anything!

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 08:45:57 PM »

Sally or cheryl can either of you answer this question for me?

Is the reason speed has all that flashy junk on there for younger people - viewers or is it just because that is a fox ran website?
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 01:31:06 AM »

Gee I was thinking of posting something about the site. I find it slow and hard to use. Last time I was there last year I wanted info on a Winston West broadcast. It was slow and I found it very difficult to find and use the TV schedule section.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 01:35:30 AM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
Sally or cheryl can either of you answer this question for me?

Is the reason speed has all that flashy junk on there for younger people - viewers or is it just because that is a fox ran website?

I don't go to the SPEED site often.  I've never liked the way it was "junked" up with too much graphics and all since Fox took over.  Used to like it when it was Speedvision.  If you want information on all forms of racing, I suggest Racing One (racingone.com), ESPN, or some less flashy site.  

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 01:43:16 AM »

Okay thanks cheryl.
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 08:41:43 PM »

I barely go there anymore.  You have to download free Flash Media in order to view it.  They really don't have that much there and most of the good stuff you can get from links at Jayski.  Same with NOL.  Why waste the time is my motto.   :roll:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: