November 24, 2017, 08:24:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: junior's commercials  (Read 866 times)
fendersforall
Sophmore

« on: October 12, 2004, 08:19:05 PM »

Did anyone else catch the commercial break where they ran three Dale Jr 30 second commercials in a row?  It was surreal.  
I've got nothing against the young man, but you get real sick of seeing his face when it runs like that...

And i NEVER thought I would be yearning for Alan Bestwick, but the commentary just seemed to flow so awkwardly between those three.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:25:24 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for joining the forum!  Do you mind giving us your first name? It's just kind of awkward to address folks if we don't know your name?  Just kind of a tradition around here that most everyone seems to like.   Cheesy

I'm assuming you are talking about commercials during the race broadcast on Sunday?  I didn't see it, but they do that type of thing every week lately.  Also on Inside Winston Cup.  It really does get annoying!  I understand that Budweiser puts a lot of money into the sport, but I just get burned out on seeing commercials for the same drivers over and over again.  It's like one writer said a couple of week's ago, you just get overloaded on everything NASCAR after a while.

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

:-)

No comment.. An Alberta owned station and it's Toronto brother station have hijacked the race coverage on NBC for us the last two races so we saw no good NASCAR commercials..  So sick of Denis Leary and his Quaker State commercials A Channel and Toronto 1 seem to love to play.

Craig
sally
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 11:32:19 PM »

It seems so ridiculous that evry ad during a race HAS to be centered around Nascar.  I wish that companies didn't think that, unless they tie in to Nascar, a fan won't buy their product.  Of course, in the wireless sponsor company's case, it just makes me more determined to NEVER purchase a phone or service from them.  Just my personal thought there.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 01:01:39 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
It seems so ridiculous that evry ad during a race HAS to be centered around Nascar.  I wish that companies didn't think that, unless they tie in to Nascar, a fan won't buy their product.  Of course, in the wireless sponsor company's case, it just makes me more determined to NEVER purchase a phone or service from them.  Just my personal thought there.

It's gotten to the point, if something is the "official" whatever of NASCAR, I make a point NOT to purchase it.  If I didn't already think Budweiser products were swill, I sure wouldn't buy them after being innundated with those commercials so much the last couple years.  Never bought them when they sponsored Kenny Schrader either.  I had half a Bud Light the other night at Mansfield (cause it was all they had a party the track had).  Woke up with a terrible headache in the middle of the night from it.  I drank Miller Lite at the race Saturday night and had no such problems.   Perhaps the marketing folks at Anheiser-Busch drink too much of their product and don't realize they are repeating the same commercials so often.  :lol:

Cheryl
fendersforall
Sophmore

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 02:08:20 PM »

Sorry..it's Mike...i love anything not chevy, especially rusty and other dodges....

During the race, it was Jr in a Budweiser spot, into Junior in a car rental spot, into junior in a NAPA spot...(with Michael Wall-bang..I mean Waltrip)

I really do like junior whenever he's interviewed.  He seems like a real, genuine guy...

But stop shoving him down my throat...gak....

mike
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 02:51:58 PM »

Quote from: "fendersforall"
Sorry..it's Mike...i love anything not chevy, especially rusty and other dodges....

But stop shoving him down my throat...gak....

Thanks on letting us know your name, Mike!  

I used to be more of a GM person, preferring Pontiacs over anything else.  And used to be very anti-Ford.  But these days, with them all being common templates (and with Pontiac dropping out), I don't find myself being very brand-loyal in NASCAR at all.  I still keep thinking of Rusty and Ryan as still being in Fords half the time.  Especially since we all know the Dodge is nothing but a Taurus with Dodge decals.   :lol:

As to your comments about Earnhardt, Jr. being shoved down our throats,  I couldn't agree more!  That's my biggest problem with him - it's like it's "all Dale, all the time" these days.  Mostly on TV though.  Sometimes on MRN, when he is not running up front, they don't mention him any more than other guys running 20th or worse.  That can be quite refreshing for a change after the constant TV coverage.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 03:51:48 PM »

However, I've seen pictures of the Dodge Charger that will debut next year and it looks pretty distinctive...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 04:09:09 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
However, I've seen pictures of the Dodge Charger that will debut next year and it looks pretty distinctive...

The production car or the NAS-car?  I mean, aren't they all suppose to fit the common template now, so it will be stretched to look about the same as everything else.

After I posted this, I went out and found an article on the Charger.  Here's the link with some pictures, if anyone is interested in seeing it:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=8518

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: