November 24, 2017, 09:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad night in New York City  (Read 646 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: October 11, 2004, 07:38:20 AM »

Within 30 minutes from about 9:30 to 10 p.m. Pacific time tonight, we learned of the deaths of actor Christopher Reeve and baseball star Ken Caminiti.  Both were in the New York City area (respectively, Bedford and Bronx) and both died at ages we don't consider that old (respectively, 52 and 41).

Not much reaction yet due to the late hour (already Monday in NYC).

As well as the usual thoughts and prayers to both families and those who were their fans, I must also give my sympathies to the staffs of 880 and 1010 AM, the all-news stations there.  Having to report such tragedies twice in a short period of time has to be devastating.

Already wondering whether Senator John Kerry will take advantage of Reeve's death to further go after President Bush for opposing stem-cell research.

:cry:  :cry:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 02:44:50 PM »

Wow!  I thought Christopher Reeve had been getting better lately. I don't keep up with this stuff real closely, but I thought I had heard that a while back.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:31:35 PM »

:cry:    :cry:
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 03:29:21 PM »

yeah i miss him already guys i think the world will miss him you don't see to many guys like in life. Sad  Sad
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 04:21:28 PM »

The Houston Astros, one of the teams Ken Caminiti played for, beat the Atlanta Braves, 10-2, last night to win their first-ever playoff series.

Good for ex-teammates Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell.  They have something good to talk about in the midst of their grief.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: