November 23, 2017, 06:40:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC to Institute 5-Second Delay  (Read 516 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 07, 2004, 06:56:06 PM »

Well, those of you who were hoping for this, got your wish:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/9859768.htm

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 09:04:40 PM »

I know i was not hoping for that. But the networks and nascar are going to do what they wanna do.
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 12:32:12 AM »

I was not hoping for it.  Their lips never match their remarks as it is due to the satellite delay already in place.  Sometimes it is hard to pick up on that but it is one of my favorite things to watch, especially if a driver has a good smile and neat lips.   :roll:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 12:40:23 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I was not hoping for it.  Their lips never match their remarks as it is due to the satellite delay already in place.  Sometimes it is hard to pick up on that

I know what you mean, Vivian.  I had a satellite for years and never noticed the slight delay for the audio until I was watching Inside Winston Cup a few years ago.  Because they have close-ups on whoever is speaking.  Now I notice quite frequenty.  I wish I'd never seen it and I'd be ignorant in my bliss.   :?

I think the delay on the races is a bad thing too but for quite different reasons.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: