November 20, 2017, 06:42:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Junior Fined 10,000 and 25 points  (Read 1970 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 05:26:24 AM »

I highly doubt if nascar does what sally mentioned.

But it may happen you never know what nascar is going to do these days.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 07:07:11 AM »

It appears that NASCAR is taking advantage of the situation in a unique--and big--way.  The online store has a "25 points (%)" discount on certain Earnhardt Jr. items at this address:

http://store.nascar.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1884807

:twisted:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 01:41:37 AM »

I just finished watching Pit Bull and, while I normally, don't agree with anything David Poole says anymore, he nailed it on this whole situation.  He pointed out how many other words there were in the English language that could've been used by Earnhardt than the one he used.  I heard some interviews on XM on Friday and thought the same thing at the time.  Why couldn't he have just said "This doesn't mean anything, my Daddy won here 10 times."  How hard would that have been?  And he'd have still gotten the point across.  All the guys on Pit Bull  pointed out how many of the "forbidden" words Rusty uses in his normal off-camera conversations, yet, he can clean it up when he's on TV.  (At least these days).   :wink:

I also liked that someone on Pit Bull said that him offering to pay $200,000 means that the money wouldn't hurt him (or any of the top drivers), so the points were appropriate to get his attention.  I think that is the point NASCAR is trying to make.

Cheryl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: