November 20, 2017, 01:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lee Spencer on "It takes 43 cars--not 10--to race  (Read 897 times)
alfers
Veteran

« on: October 04, 2004, 09:14:57 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ittakesnottorace&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Lee continues to publish very good articles.  I question the timing of this article as most fans, myself included, stated this very challenge to the "Chase for the Championship."

I can post URLs on any other BB, can't get the hang of it here.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 01:13:17 AM »

Hey Alfers, if you hilight the address and then put the url in front of and behind it will create a link.  Thank.  You can go back in and edit if you want.   Smiley   Thanks.  I will get back to you after I read it.
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 01:28:54 AM »

I just read the article and it is a good one.  Thanks, Alfers.

She made some good points about quite a few drivers not in the chase but they finished well yesterday.
sally
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 02:32:04 AM »

Isn't it interesting that so many of the media people who were so in favor of the new format are suddenly talking about the same problems that the fans (that's many of us, folks) saw before this thing ever got started?  Once the TV ratings didn't go thru the roof, they suddenly start talking about the lacks of the new system, instead of the "pros"?  NOW it occurs to them that the focus might be too narrow on the top 10?

Some of them are calling for a separate points system for the "chasers" so they can't be affected by the "also running" cars.  Gee, won't that be fun, trying to keep track of DOUBLE the number of "if the race ended now" bits?  Besides, since the worst any of them can possibly finish is 10th, what's the problem?  Could they do anything more to try to give the title to ANYONE, whether they deserve it or not?  Guess it's like those "progressive" schools, where nobody is allowed to fail.

Sorry.  got that soapbox thing going again, didn't I.  OK.  I feel better now, so I'll leave quietly.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 08:53:58 PM »

Alfers, the link works great now.  I messed up about 4 before I got the hang of it. :lol:    :oops:
alfers
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 12:37:56 AM »

I found I had  "Disable BBCode in this post" checked.  
But thanks for the advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: