November 20, 2017, 06:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dale Jr. on '60 Minutes II'  (Read 992 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: September 29, 2004, 04:30:15 PM »

Funny how no one here has yet brought up tonight's appearance by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. on 60 Minutes.

Of course, CBS has already released the portion of the interview in which driver 8 claims that his late father helped him get out of the burning sports car this past July.

This is spooky.  Dale Jr. could do nothing for the Intimidator at Daytona in 2001, but somehow rescues him from a burning car in death?

I think more than anything else that this is a sign of a growing spirituality of some kind.  When your father dies--especially abruptly--your life definitely changes.

Another thing to watch tonight is the ridealong with Mike Wallace.  No, not the middle of Russ Wallace's racing sons, but the 86-year-old veteran journalist.  Excuse me, Wallace is that old?!

I believe it's 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 04:45:49 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Funny how no one here has yet brought up tonight's appearance by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. on 60 Minutes.

Of course, CBS has already released the portion of the interview in which driver 8 claims that his late father helped him get out of the burning sports car this past July.

This is spooky.  Dale Jr. could do nothing for the Intimidator at Daytona in 2001, but somehow rescues him from a burning car in death?

Personally, I was trying to ignore it as it's just a bit too much "National Enquirer" sounding to me...  :roll:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 08:50:21 PM »

I have the tape set to record it.  Just curious as I have never in my life watched "60 Minutes".  I have to catch anything I can on Jr as I like him most of the time.  Next to Tony, that is.   :lol:
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 03:30:17 PM »

hey vivian what did you think of the interview huh?btw i watch it too.
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 08:27:39 PM »

I thought he was honest and refreshing in all of his statements although I am skepital about the help in the fire.  That is just my belief.  I liked the drive through the infield where he talked about being in the pools if he wasn't racing.  As far as Mike Wallace, he just wasn't informed about racing.  Bad person to do an interview about it.  IMO.

Now for my real opinion of things.  I personally hate it when they keep referring back to and showing Dale's accident.  That is just unneccessary as far as I am concerned.  I don't understand why "any" of the media just won't let it be.  It's over.  I miss him.  I don't want to constantly be reminded of what happened.  The past is past.  Ten to one that if Jr wins Dega then someone from the media will bring it up again.  Mark my words.
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 10:51:56 PM »

I agree with you, Viv, about them showing the crash and talking about it.  And not only did they show it once, they had to show it twice in 3 minutes.  I don't think they should have showed it EVER.  What ever happened to the policy of not showing fatal crashes?

And, not to get too hokey, but, well, if you look at the footage of Jr getting out of the car, it does look like someone was pulling him.  Seems as though it would have been easier to get out face first, stomach down.  He came out backwards, like you would if you thought someone was pulling you...

Not that I am one to believe in the ghost stories, but it was a little creepy when I watched the footage after he talked about it....

Staci
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 12:30:51 AM »

Then again, what else would you expect from CBS?

Bogus documents about President Bush, a $550,000 "wardrobe malfunction," and now this.  Not only footage of Dale Jr's Sonoma accident, but the crash that killed his father.  Clear all the PR decks at headquarters on 5th Avenue in New York City!

Unfortunately, ESPN Classic showed the crash also in the SportsCentury program about Jeff Gordon.  The series is usually wonderful, but not in that case.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 02:32:52 PM »

pretty good interview but didn't like them showing that crash over and over again it's just not needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: