November 19, 2017, 06:00:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the 13 gallon fuel cells at daytona and talladega.  (Read 616 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: October 01, 2004, 03:43:47 AM »

What do people think of the 13 gallon fuel cells nascar mandates at talladega and daytona i hate them as much as i hate the chase.

To me it seems like they are constantly in the pits. If i wanted to see cars constantly in the pits i,d buy a tape which has nothing but cars in pitlane making stops.

I think they shoulda just left the 22 gallon fuel cells alone if you want my honest opinion.

But then again nascar doesn,t care much about the fans opinions do they?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 12:30:10 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
What do people think of the 13 gallon fuel cells nascar mandates at talladega and daytona i hate them as much as i hate the chase.

To me it seems like they are constantly in the pits. If i wanted to see cars constantly in the pits i,d buy a tape which has nothing but cars in pitlane making stops.

I think they shoulda just left the 22 gallon fuel cells alone if you want my honest opinion.

But then again nascar doesn,t care much about the fans opinions do they?

I thought it was an insane idea when they first talked about it, but it has broken the packs up a bit the last couple of years and that cuts back on the tension (at least for me) for a little while.  Then the packs get back together and I'm back to worrying about somebody doing something stupid.

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 03:19:39 PM »

cheryl i've never liked the small fuel cells and i never will for one reason and one reason only.it's because i firmly believe nascar in their quest to make safety paramount has gone too far in the other direction and used an artificial method and this has not only not improved safety but has servely affected the quality of the races.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 03:47:03 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
cheryl i've never liked the small fuel cells and i never will for one reason and one reason only.it's because i firmly believe nascar in their quest to make safety paramount has gone too far in the other direction and used an artificial method and this has not only not improved safety but has servely affected the quality of the races.

We're talking about Dega and Daytona here and the nature of the restrictor plates are an "artificial" thing to begin with and we've had them since 1988.  And how can those races actually be any worse than they have been since about 2000?  That's when they had that stupid 5&5 rule and Dale Jarrett led almost every lap there.  Then we had the whicker thing, etc.  At least the smaller fuel cells break of the packs and maybe allow the drivers to relax and catch their breath for a few laps; thereby having a few less wrecks.

Besides the safety issues, breaking the cars up into smaller packs has made it bit more interesting to me.  While I'll always hate plate races, at least when you can visually see the second pack get in line and draft up to the lead pack, I find that interesting.  

But when you can only pass for the lead with help, I find that extremely boring.  I liked these races better about 6-8 years ago when you had numerous guys trade the lead throughout the day and then a shootout there at the end.  Not just the person who is front maintaining that position because no one can pass the leader as a result of aero issues like we have most of the time now.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 08:31:42 PM »

I think they are fine.  Breaks the racing up some and time spent in pits means a possible change in the lead.   :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: