November 20, 2017, 01:32:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IWC Set  (Read 1394 times)
sally
« on: March 02, 2004, 04:46:51 AM »

Did anyone notice that tonight, they moved the chairs closer to the desk on IWC?  It still isn't as good as having everyone at the same place.  Too much an "us and them" with the 'panel" separate from Allan.  I thought Cal Wells was very interesting, and made some good points.  Anyone else watch?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 04:58:25 PM »

Yes, the seats were closer together, but the producer obviously made sure that no one's head blocked the view of the Bud car in every shot.  And last night I answered my own rhetorical question of last week, yes, Budweiser does sponsor that show.  How can we ever forget?

I still find all the crap in the background totally annoying.  I guess I just don't have the ability to block all that out, so it constantly distracts me.  This show is just becoming too commercial for me lately.  First more and more breaks and less discussion and now commercials inserted into the discussions as well.

I was impressed with Cal Wells.  He was clearly trying to walk a fine line without risking alienating NASCAR and did a fine job while still making his points.  It was interesting to hear he had a high school education only.  Anyone know where he got his money?  Through racing, I'm assuming?
I didn't like him when he first came into the sport and enticed Tide and McDonalds away from established teams, but I've mellowed since he offered Ricky Craven an opportunity to prove he still has it.    

I normally can't stand Allen's neighbor, Frankie (the weasel) Stoddard, but he made an excellent point about not understanding the call on Kenseth at Rockingham.  If the drivers on the track are frozen and can't continue racing, how is it that the cars in the pits could continue "racing" to complete their pitstops?  An excellent point!  But then, NASCAR bastardized the whole concept of racing with the free pass in the first place.  This is just the next evolution of more "kinder gentler" rules, rather than racing.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 09:00:17 PM »

I did watch and the background stuff is annoying.  I was extremely impressed with Cal Wells.  He made some excellent points.  Also, I had been wondering about the Kenseth thing and Frankie did bring that up and I certainly hope a lot of drivers question this.  To me it would be like a red flag if the field is frozen and so pitted drivers should not be allowed to have any work done on their car once the field is frozen.  But then, Nascar has done some wierd things lately so why are we surprised?  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: