November 21, 2017, 08:08:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations, Cheryl  (Read 1780 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: September 24, 2004, 03:43:04 PM »

on your curmudgeon status!  You have guided this community well and have treated everyone like family.

How should we thank her for her persistence and dedication to us?  I'm looking for ideas on a gift or other token of appreciation.  Cheryl and Lou are away all weekend, so come up with some good ideas to give Cheryl when she returns.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 04:48:55 PM »

I also add my CONGRATULATIONS to Cheryl.

Good idea, Desmond.  We will come up with something.  I will think on it and see if maybe something pops up.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 12:14:48 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
on your curmudgeon status!  You have guided this community well and have treated everyone like family.

How should we thank her for her persistence and dedication to us?  I'm looking for ideas on a gift or other token of appreciation.  Cheryl and Lou are away all weekend, so come up with some good ideas to give Cheryl when she returns.

Thanks, Desmond and Vivian!  I didn't even realize I'd made Curmudgeon status.  When did that happen?  

Also, thanks for the compliments about the site.  I know I may "rule with an iron hand" way too often, but it because I DO care about how everyone here and how we are perceived by those reading the site.  

As to "giving me something," that sentiment comes in quite handy.  But it won't involve anything monetary on anyone's part.  It has to do with coming up with a computer graphic (or design) for the slogan that our newest member, Brian (drpepper) came up with last week.  This past weekend at Jennerstown, we were sitting around the campground with our friends and several people affiliated with the USAR series.  We happened to mention that slogan and everyone loved it (thanks again Brian and we did make sure and give you credit for it).   Smiley   Someone said we ought to get t-shirts with that on it.  Lou found a web site several months ago that will put a slogan you want on t-shirts and you can buy any number you want (even just one).  They have a set price to cover their costs and it you wanted to make a profit, you can add a $1 or two to their price.  Lou had some made for himself to promote his usarfans.com website and one for me for speedcouch.  We didn't "publicize" those pages because we just wanted them for ourselves and don't want to make any profits.  

However, this would come in great for any of us here who would like to show their feelings about "the Chase" by displaying Brian's slogan.  Sorry to be so longwinded, but my point is if any of the members here are good with graphics, maybe they could come up with a design for graphic.  If we have more than one, we can have a vote to see which one we'd like to have printed with the words.  

What does everyone think of this idea?  If no one who has actually been posting is gifted with design (which I know I'm surely not), I know one "lurker" who is actually registered who might want to come out of the closet and speak up.  Dede, girl?  Are you out there?  She's actually the one who designed the speedcouch logo we've had on the page this season.  Thanks again!!!  

So, let me know your thoughts on this idea.  If we came up with a logo, Lou could set up the "storefront" for shirts.  You'd deal directly with Cafe Press, the company that makes them.  You'd pay their cost for a shirt and there would be no profit involved going to Speedcouch at all.  I just thought this would be neat idea to have everyone around here get involved in something.  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 12:23:47 AM »

Great idea!  It's just such a perfect summation of the racing so far this year.

Sally :wink:

Thanks for such a great slogan, Brian!
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 02:39:22 AM »

Absolutely wonderful idea, Cheryl (7.50)!!  I am terrible at anything artsy, but hopefully someone will come up with something good.  

Yes, Brian, you came up with a wonderful slogan.  It sounds good to me now and I haven't taken any meds!!

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 05:10:43 PM »

I think that is a great idea.  We can get assorted colors?  Or what?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"

Lou will have to explain more about the site when he gets a chance.  As far as I know, they only have white shirts, but certainly we can make our graphic in a certain color.  

Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 03:29:28 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Lou will have to explain more about the site when he gets a chance.  As far as I know, they only have white shirts, but certainly we can make our graphic in a certain color.

The site has two levels of service. Free and Premium. With the Free service there is a limited variety on colors and a decent variety of products to 'logo-ize'. With the Preimum service, a lot more colors are available but the service costs $$ per month. Naturally, we use the Free service  Cool

Here are all the products and colors available. I can set any of them up to have logo's and be made available for people to purchase.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/products/viewall.aspx

Lou-Mart

sally
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 05:44:35 PM »

Anything but yellow!  Don't want anyone to think I support the wireless company in any way! :?

Sally
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 04:33:09 PM »

As much as I hate yellow, I think I am gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Sal.  I think yellow would be the PERFECT color, as it would be a total slam to the wireless company if we used their colors to write "Too much chase, not enough race...."  I know, it isn't totally their fault, but I still think it would do some poetic justice to use their colors.

Staci
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 01:20:02 AM »

Is that yellow with black lettering, Staci?  I don't want to rain on your parade but I can't get excited over that.  Have to agree with Sally.  How about Cingular orange or even the dark blue and white Alltel colors?  Another idea, how about the blues of Speedcouch?
sally
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 02:40:39 AM »

How about a black T shirt, with whatever color lettering?  Black goes with everything.
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 12:46:36 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
How about a black T shirt, with whatever color lettering?  Black goes with everything.
Sally

Black is entirely too hot to wear at the racetrack.  It just attracts the heat.  

I'm okay with white or blue (which is my favorite color).   Cheesy   But I don't really care to "endorse" any race sponsors with our color choices.  

I think we are all getting off track on the color of the shirts when we need to come up with the logo or type of lettering for the shirt.  But I guess none of us who've been posting about this are artistic, huh?   :lol:

I guess we can just go with standard block lettering for them.  Maybe I'll put up a vote later today as to whether we should wait for someone to come forward and design to logo or just go ahead with block lettering.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 05:44:51 PM »

Cheryl, give me til next week and I will come up with something.  Cool
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 07:00:04 PM »

ladies, ladies, ladies....not need to get so fashion-conscious. All of the different shirts and colors you saw are available! You do not have to pick just one! If Vivian wants a yellow shirt, she can have it. If Cheryl wants white, she can have it. If I want that nice looking pink one, dammit, I can have that one too! The logo/graphic can be placed on ANY of the choices with no extra cost or work (o.k., a little bit for me, but not much).

Freedom of choice.

Lou-Mart

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: