November 23, 2017, 05:40:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm new here  (Read 994 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: September 22, 2004, 03:03:12 AM »

Hi. I been popping in and out of this site for several months but decided to register today. I've been an auto racing fan since 1987. It is not a good time to admit this but my favorite Nascar driver is Robby Gordon. I like Tony Kanaan in the IRL and Boris Said in sportscars. I still do not understand the appeal of F1.
  I decided to register because of the playoffs folly. I did read the site rules and notices and, as requested there, will try and post a positve comment occasionally.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 03:14:24 AM »

In spite of the fact that he's his own worst enemy, I like Robby Gordon, too!  I still think that he put the only bit of excitement in the race at NH.  He and Tony must have a lot in common.
Sally
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 05:17:56 AM »

Welcome drpep, nice to have you here and nice to see you aren't afraid to admit you are a Gordon Fan.  Postive comments definitely are nice, I guess I need to go back and reread the rules....No, wait, I post postive comments every now and then....They just don't usually make much sense.

As I said, welcome!!  Don't let any of us scare you, we don't mean any harm, we are all just trying to have fun and make light of what has become of our beloved sport.....

Staci
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 12:34:18 PM »

Quote from: "drpep"
Hi. I been popping in and out of this site for several months but decided to register today.

Welcome to the site!  Can we ask your first name?  We're kind of traditional here, that we like to refer to folks by their names instead of "screen names."  

As to being a Robbie Gordon fan, we won't hold that against you.   :lol:   As Lou always says, every driver out there has at least one fan.  But seriously, glad to have you on board.  And glad you still registered to join in after seeing some of the silliness we get into around here!   Cheesy

I absolutely LOVED your comments about turning the race off on Sunday.  Don't know if you waded through my long review this week, but I would have done the same thing if I wasn't writing the review.  With me, it wasn't just the Chase (though that was annoying enough), it was the fact that we saw more commercials than race all day long.  I can't wait for JW to give us his report on commercials this week.

Again, welcome and thanks for "rating the race."  

Cheryl

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 02:44:10 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
[Can we ask your first name?  We're kind of traditional here, that we like to refer to folks by their names instead of "screen names."  
quote]

Done!

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 03:10:29 PM »

Cool!  Welcome, again, BRIAN!   Cheesy

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 09:03:23 PM »

Brian, again, WELCOME.  Glad you decided to join us and I look forward to more posts from you.  

I think Robby is a great driver if he controls his anger and he drives different types of race cars well.  It is okay to be his fan.   Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: