November 18, 2017, 01:59:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was the truck race even shown on speed tv at all?  (Read 574 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: September 20, 2004, 04:39:43 AM »

I was changing channels on speed on saturday and saw they had a thing on their network saying the race was in a rain delay.

Later i turned on speed and saw they had switched to other programming i assumed the truck race had been cancelled due to rainy weather up there.

Low and behold later that night i look on nascar.com and the truck was ran.

Does anybody know how many laps of the race were run?

And if it was shown on tv at all.

Because i missed it completely.

It might,ve been shown while i was sleeping or something?

Who knows with the way speed is they mighta just decided not to show it at all or show it at a later date.

I remember an  asa race which was on speed in 2002 or 03 which was delayed by rain and speed the creatine genuises who run that network decided not to show that race for 2 or 3 weeks?

The asa race i,m talking about was run that night it was rain shortened can,t remember who won though.

But speed didn,t want to show it so who knows maybe they did the same thing with the truck race on saturday does anybody know if speed showed the truck race or not?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:44:34 AM »

Whoops if anybody reads the previous post i typed on here and sees i mispelled creative i accidently spelled creatine.

I meant to say creative that was where i was talking about the creative genuises who run the speed network.

I just wanted to let you guys know i accidentally mispelled a word so if anybody who reads that so they won,t get accidentally confused by what i said.

Well i will talk to you guys on the message board later bye.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 12:37:41 PM »

When SPEED started showing last week's race during the rain delay, I just started recording the channel.  We watched a movie around 4:00 and I checked around 5:00 and they had the cars out on the track, so I just kept recording and rewound it when the movie was over.  They ran 36 laps under yellow to help dry the track.  I just hate when they start the race under yellow and gip the fans out of green flag laps.  

They ran until sometime after 7, I believe, but it was hard to tell since we were watching it later.  They went the scheduled 200 laps and then some since a caution came out with about 2 to go.  There would've done a green/white/checker but it was getting too dark for the drivers to see, so they just ended it at about 208 I think.  I was torn between wanting them to restart the race to see if Jack Sprague had anything for Travis Kvapil, but because two drivers have died at Louden, I can live with it being too dark to safety finish the race under green.

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 01:57:41 PM »

It sounds like to me then that the race shouldn,t have been run at all on saturdayu then.

36 laps under yellow is really ridiculous.

They probably should have cancelled it and ran it today but nascar probably didn,t want to hang around loydon until today so.

Just another case of how nascar could care less about the fans in them grandstands.

I guess in a way i can see them wanting to get the race in on saturday since on monday a lot of people couldn,t come back. But still you know.

Oh well nascars going to do whatever they wanna do regardless of the consequences.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 08:27:54 PM »

I am posting this to welcome Bryan to the Speedcouch.  We are looking forward to more of your opinions.

I would like to know where Westville, IL is.  Is it closer to Chicago, Springfield, Peoria, Carbondale, or St. Louis?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:18:36 AM »

Westville is quite away aways from all those places desmond mentioned.

We are a short way aways from the illinois indiana state line.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

cheryl you sound very upset with that pratice.please explain why?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 03:37:55 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
cheryl you sound very upset with that pratice.please explain why?

Which practice?  Starting races under yellow and counting laps?  Yes, I think it cheats the paying fans out of green flag racing and the TV audience at home.  Especially in truck and Busch races when they are so few laps to begin with.  Doesn't NASCAR waste enough laps running extended cautions already?

If they want to put the cars out there to help dry the track, I can certainly understand that, but why count the laps?  Otherwise, all they are wasting is gas and the teams get their gas free anyway.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: