November 23, 2017, 04:08:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Las Vegas - 03/06 & 03/07  (Read 2401 times)
rcairo1460
Sophmore

« on: March 01, 2004, 07:38:19 PM »

Can the Bush Brothers sweep the Vegas Weekend?
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 08:59:18 PM »

Gosh, I hope not!  I would rather see someone, anyone else win the cup race along side of Kyle in the Busch!   :wink:
sally
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 11:03:06 PM »

I suppose it's a possibility, but I doubt it.  I think what's even more interesting is, with both the Bush boys trying for the Cup race Sunday, what are the oods that they'll take each other out? Smiley
rcairo1460
Sophmore

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 01:48:34 PM »

As Cheryl knows, I have a friend who lives in Vegas who is a very good friend of Kyle (younger brother, 18) who in his words is a "complete opposite" of Kurt.....Hes respectful, quiet, timid but when he gets in the car he has eons of experience past his age of 18...Driving for Hendricks is a huge plus.....I actually look for him to win the saturday race........his brother???, Id like to see him finish 43rd in his home town...............LOL.........
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 04:45:24 PM »

Sally, when are you going to learn to at least spell someone's name right when you are bashing him?   :wink: Of course, spellcheck won't work on names.  

Unfortunately, I think the Vegas track leans towards the drivers with dominant cars, such as Newman, one of the Roush cars (but probably not Kurt).  

I know it is a downforce track, so I'm not sure if we are going to see dominance by the Dodges or what.  

Sally has somehow turned me into the Official Kurt Busch Apologist; I'm not sure how.   :shock:   I'm basically ambivalent about him, but think he has a lot of natural talent.  To me, he seems to run better at tracks where you have to "manhandle" the car more, like Martinsville, Bristol, Darlington.  Of course you can never discount Roush horsepower either, so who knows.  

Cheryl
rcairo1460
Sophmore

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 05:33:06 PM »

Just remember B & B on Saturday - :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Thats Benson & little Bush !
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 09:09:34 PM »

Go Benson!  Go Kyle!  Go everyone but the ones I dislike.  Seriously, I hope Hornaday does good.  I really like him although he is kind of older than most of them.  Most of all, on Saturday I just hope a regular Busch driver wins rather than one of the 'whackers!    :twisted:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 01:08:47 AM »

I'm definitely with Vivian that I don't want to see any whackers win on Saturday, thought they usually dominate at tracks like this. Sad  

I'd be okay with Hornaday winning as he's a good racer.  But Green, Keller or Benson would be my first choices.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 01:47:25 AM »

Cheryl, I sure hope you mean David Green!!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 01:26:59 PM »

Yes, of course!  I should've been clear about that.  I didn't even think about Jeff Green being in the race.  I can't stand that guy!  AND he's a whacker.  How can two brother be SO different?

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »

I don't know how they can be so different, but David is so sweet and always smiling while Jeff is so full of himself that he can't even look people in the eye when he is talking to them (IMO).  When he is being interviewed he always averts his eyes from the person interviewing him and from the camera.  Isn' t there another brother and what is his name?  Or am I thinking of the Fuller's?
sally
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 10:33:30 PM »

The third Green brother is Mark.  He works on one of the Busch teams.  In fact, I think he's been on the 24/7 show recently.  He's a lot like David, and not much like Jeff, thank goodness. :roll:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 01:41:23 AM »

Yep, you are right, Sally.  I saw Mark Green on there this week too.  That really IS a great show!  Vivian, you ought to try and catch it.  I know you'd like it a lot.  

I've never thought Mark Green was that good a driver, but he seems like a harmless enough person.  Typical "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" forgotten middle child.  I really admire someone like him or David, who are willing to take a step back and do any job in racing to stay around the sport.  David did it twice and both times, it has paid off for him.  First when he lost his ride in 92 and worked as a crew member on Bobby Labonte's Busch team and then the Labonte's put him in the ride when Bobby moved up to Cup.  Then working as Dale Jarrett's spotter two years ago and doing R&D for Hendrick helped him land the ride with Brewco that he has now.  Man, I hope he can win another championship!  I really wanted him to win it last season...

Tim Fedewa did the same thing with Fitz-Bradshaw who are also on 24/7.  He worked as a spotter and coach for that "other" Earnhardt kid.  Didn't help him much, but Tim's patience landed him the ride when the team finally got tired of repairing tore up race cars.  I didn't realize Tim was only 36 until I started watching that show.  He looks a lot older.

Cheryl
texaspony
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2004, 05:12:03 AM »

Brendan Gaughan!!! Brendan Gaughan!!! Brendan Gaughan!!! The "other" Las Vegas driver will finish higher than either of those overrated Busch brothers.
texaspony
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2004, 05:13:49 AM »

And how about Johnny "Slaughter" Sauter up to his usual horrific driving? Ask Matt Kenseth and Dave Blaney....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: