November 24, 2017, 03:40:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Tunnel  (Read 831 times)
sally
« on: September 12, 2004, 11:46:31 PM »

I understand that Gary Nelson (or maybe John Darby) will be on WT Monday, and I think, Brian France on Tuesday.  I plan to throw spitwads at my TV set and give myself a chance to vent!
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 11:49:53 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I understand that Gary Nelson (or maybe John Darby) will be on WT Monday, and I think, Brian France on Tuesday.  I plan to throw spitwads at my TV set and give myself a chance to vent!
Sally

:lol:  

I think I'd want to throw UP if I had to listen to more stuff coming out of Brian France's mouth... :evil:   I don't plan to tune in to here more "spin" from someone who's quickly causing me to lose a lot of interest in NASCAR.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 12:35:48 AM »

I was wrong about Wind Tunnel tonight...it's DW and Bill Weber "debating" the chase format.

Tomorrow night is the piglet.
Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 04:23:35 PM »

On last night's Wind Tunnel, Bill Weber continued to defend the format, and even gave an analogy I had not heard before.  

Weber compared the final 10 races of the season to the four rounds of the U.S. Open golf tournament, in which the leaderboard makes dramatic turns.  Duh!  That's what happens when you set everyone apart by just five points per place.  Now I know why Sally calls it the crapshoot.

As for DW, he has softened his opposition to the "playoff" somewhat, admitting that it made races like last Saturday night's more exciting.  But he still opposes it on principle.  Wonder how heated those conversations are with brother Michael on this issue.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 04:15:23 PM »

Summary of Brian France's Tuesday night appearance on Wind Tunnel:

--He again urged patience with the Chase for the Championship.
--There are no plans to expand the Chase to the Busch Series or the Craftsman Truck Series.
--He is determined to find ways to cut costs for the teams :lol:
--He was satisfied with the ratings last Saturday night at Richmond. (Oh, really?  Other NASCAR officials predicted a rating as high as 8.)
--NASCAR plans to run major races in Canada, but no year has been set.
--He did not explain the ISC/NASCAR discrepancy on hard liquor sponsorship.

Host Dave Despain did not ask about the bottle in victory lane or the donations to Jesse Jackson, among other issues.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 04:37:15 PM »

Thank you Desmond....I hate working so much, I am always a day behind on stuff.  I was really wanting to see France(although I am not sure exactly why)  (side note, Brian France is into me for 10 bucks now...Cool) and I was thinking it was tonight, until I read you post and realized that today is Wednesday.

Sounds to be just as I expected, though.  Still claiming that this chase thing is wonderful and a success.....Not touching on real issues.  Exactly what I would expect from Brian France (have decided to charge him 100 bucks everytime I mention his name.....)

Staci
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: