November 18, 2017, 07:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Points After Richmond?  (Read 1438 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 12, 2004, 09:27:14 PM »

Anybody know where I can find the REAL points after the Richmond race?  All I've seen so far on the net is the "reset" points for this silly Chase.  I was just curious how tight it really was between Gordon, Johnson, and Earnhardt.  Not the artificial 5 point difference with the reset points.

Cheryl
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:48:34 PM »

I know your opinion of the Chase, but the fact of the matter is, like it or not, calculating the points under the old system is artifical and the points that have been reset with the 5 point difference is the real deal.  Nothing artificial about it and unles JW has it figured out, I doubt you will find what you are looking for.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
sally
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 10:57:22 PM »

Yeah, the points race "is what it is", to use Nascar's favorite phrase, but I bet you're wrong about people keeping track of both formats.  I'd be willing to bet that there are many people out there as pig-headed as Cheryl and I are, and that we will be able to read in any number of places where the drivers would be under the old, entire season format.

Sally :wink:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 10:58:05 PM »

Quote from: "John"
I know your opinion of the Chase, but the fact of the matter is, like it or not, calculating the points under the old system is artifical and the points that have been reset with the 5 point difference is the real deal.  Nothing artificial about it and unles JW has it figured out, I doubt you will find what you are looking for.

Oh I'm quite sure someone out there will run a "if we were under the old system" rundown from here on out.   :wink:   I'm just too tired to search for what I'm asking about today, I guess.  I just wanted to know how much JJ actually lost after being involved in that wreck and how much others made up on him.  I think that's a reasonable point of interest regardless of whether it's a moot poiint now or not.  

On scanner frequencies for TV, I have a couple we used this weekend that I'll try and get off the scanner and send to you this week.  I know you are planning on going to NH next week and I haven't forgot that I promised to find some.  Just didn't copy them down yet.  When do you leave for NH?

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 10:59:34 PM »

If possible, I think JW will let us know.  If not, then we will see it I am sure somewhere on a link at Jayski.  I know we can't live on what ifs, but I am also curious about them even if they are moot.
sally
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 11:43:42 PM »

I can't remember who, but some media person pointed out that, if Junior doesn't win the championship under the new rules, but would have with the old rules, the hurricanes at Daytona may look like a picnic compared to the fans he expects will storm the castle carrying torches and pitchforks.  

Don't worry...SOMEONE will keep track of the "old" points.

Sally
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 12:22:51 AM »

I was suprised how quick they had the new points up.  I had actually thought this morning when I was updating my fantasy racing challenge website, that I would keep track of both.  But that didn't happen.

Cheryl, thanks for the info in advance.  We are planning to leave on Friday and take in the Truck & Busch North race on Saturday (maybe even Pitbull) and the big race on Sunday, if Ivan co-operates.  We had lots of rain from Frances on Thursday and Friday, so it will be interesting to see what happens with Ivan.  From some of the people Tammy and I have been talking in here, it's going to be a ghost town here next weekend.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 04:20:34 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I'd be willing to bet that there are many people out there as pig-headed as Cheryl and I are, and that we will be able to read in any number of places where the drivers would be under the old, entire season format.

I wrote Jayski today and asked if he would be keeping track of points under the "old" system.  He said the info was on his main page.  Still couldn't find it for a long time, but finally found this under the "Richmond Race Info Page:"

Top Ten [unofficial] Drivers Points Standings after Richmond:
In the Chase......

#24-Jeff Gordon, 3602, Regular season champ
#48-Jimmie Johnson, 3542, -60
#8-Dale Earnhardt Jr., 3541, -61
#20-Tony Stewart, 3410, -192
#17-Matt Kenseth, 3337, -265
#38-Elliott Sadler,3316, -286
#97-Kurt Busch, 3309, -293
#6-Mark Martin, 3213, -389
#19-Jeremy Mayfield, 3193, -409
#12-Ryan Newman, 3186, -416

missed the chase:
11th: #42-Jamie McMurray, -15, -431 from leader
12th: #9-Kasey Kahne, -28
13th: #18-Bobby Labonte, -49
14th: #29-Kevin Harvick, -57
15th: #88-Dale Jarrett, -86

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 07:14:39 PM »

does anybody know why they( meaning nascar) are adjusting the points?
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 09:04:50 PM »

IMO, just to show off the top ten so we poor ignorant fans won't confuse anyone else with them or think anyone else is in the chase in case they have good finishes and someone in the top 10 doesn't.  besides that, to quote you know who
The fans will like it when they understand it.
 Who knows?  Why does Nascar do anything anymore??? :?

Now I read they are really looking at whether they want to do the same in Busch and trucks.   :roll:
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 09:12:27 PM »

I'm still waiting for Lou to defend his better half against being called "pig Headed"!! :lol: (sorry Sally. Icouldn't resist)
 Of course, Truth IS an absolute defense, or so they say... :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 11:55:08 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
I'm still waiting for Lou to defend his better half against being called "pig Headed
and the truth shall set you free...

sally
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 12:33:22 AM »

Cheryl and I aren't the ONLY pig-headed ones out there, you guys!

http://www.backseatblonde.com/ChampionshipStandings2.html

So there!
Sally :wink:
Vivian
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 01:04:29 AM »

Thanks for the link, Sally.  She always makes some good sense.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 12:30:57 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Thanks for the link, Sally.  She always makes some good sense.

Yes, thanks, Sally.  Great article and it's good to see she's maintaining the "real" points for those of diehards as well.

I believe Allison is actually "lurking" here somewhere.  I know she registered for the forum a couple weeks ago.   :wink:   We need another bright lady to speak up around  here.  Hmmm...women are called "pig-headed" while men consider themselves "confident."   :lol:

Cheryl
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: