November 25, 2017, 08:50:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next time, I'll stay home...  (Read 1540 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2004, 02:55:07 AM »

Quote from: "marrtinigirl"
Yeah, but I bet Brian France and all of the other Nascar people will just say that that is one guy's opinion and that they are really selling in NY.  I wish something would open his eyes to make him realize that what he thinks is working is only working in his imagination.

Staci

I checked the NYC media on Thursday and Friday last week after Nascar's big Chase for The Championship media  tour in NY. Nothing on the Channel 11 10:00 news, nothing in the Daily News, might have been something in the Times but could not find anything and the NY Post had less than a quarter page in the sports section. Yup, NYC loves its Nascar :roll:

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 03:11:38 AM »

Good to know that all that modeling on Regis did so much to promote racing, isn't it?  Bet NY is champing at the bit for that track in the swamp on Staten Island.  Can Jeff Gordon still walk down the street without being recognised?
Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 03:15:29 AM »

Quote from: "sally"
.  Can Jeff Gordon still walk down the street without being recognised?
Sally

No, he has been mentioned in the NY Post's Page 6 gossip column several times. Once he was spotted in a strip club (earlier this year) and had supposedly bared his behind there.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 03:21:39 AM »

You're kidding!  Jeff Gordon!  That's hysterical!  Thanks for that...I needed a good laugh!
Sally Cool
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2004, 05:14:45 AM »

Ok, I can't resist, and I will edit this later I am sure, but....

I just can't help but wonder if his bare behind was given the same treatment as his arms seem to have undergone lately....

Yeah, yeah, I am finally going to bed now.....

Staci
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 09:10:08 PM »

your kidding staci right?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 11:41:13 PM »

OK, let's clean it up now...

Marty Smith received a letter from a fan in Atlanta who had a problem similar to what I wrote about to begin this post.

It is at the bottom of this page:
www.nascar.com/2004/news/features/last_lap/09/21/lastlap_dover.index.html

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 11:46:27 PM »

Desmond, that's the letter I read yesterday.  I just had to send Marty (the pompous twit) a letter.  I pointed out that he used the race being on Sat. nite as an excuse for mediocre ratings, then that only the fans that don't like something ever voice opinions, and finally that there isn't enough betting to put Nascar on TV at Vegas.   I thought he had used up his quota of rationalizations for one week.  
Sally
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: