December 16, 2017, 08:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nationwide Bonus Program  (Read 2272 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »

Okay, so after Harvick won the race at Nashville, and TV was going ga-ga over him winning the $25,000 Nationwide bonus, I kept asking Lou "how is he eligible?"  As far as I understand that program is suppose to be drivers running the entire series (including the Buschwhackers).  As far as I know, Harvick is NOT running the entire series, so how the hell did he win the $25,000 at Nashville?  And does someone like him (or any of the whackers for that matter) really need an additional $25,000?Huh?   Roll Eyes

Just saw this description of the program on Jayski and I can't see where Harvick should've have won it this past weekend:

"Harvick wins Dash 4 Cash: #33-Kevin Harvick took home more than the Gibson Les Paul Trophy guitar after winning Saturday's race at Nashville Superspeedway -- thanks to Nationwide Insurance's Dash 4 Cash bonus. Harvick won $25,000 in the first Nationwide Insurance Dash 4 Cash race of the 2010 season. Nationwide Insurance introduced Dash 4 Cash, a first-of-its-kind bonus program for the Nationwide Series, in 2009. This year, the four races in the Dash 4 Cash bonus program are at Nashville (April 3), Kentucky Speedway (June 12), Iowa Speedway (July 31) and Texas Motor Speedway (Nov. 6). Just like last year, eligible winners at each of the Dash 4 Cash races will receive an additional $25,000 bonus. If the race winner is not eligible, the prize money rolls to the next Dash 4 Cash race. This year's season-ending bonus for the driver accumulating the most points in the four-race program is up to $75,000, a nice raise from the $50,000 bonus in 2009. In addition, to be eligible for the year-end bonus, drivers cannot participate in more than seven Sprint Cup Series races during the season. The 2010 Dash 4 Cash bonus program is open to all Nationwide Series regulars and up-and-comers, including those who may not have a full-time Nationwide Series ride. Nationwide Series drivers with a full-time ride in Sprint Cup must enter every Nationwide Series event in order to qualify for the cash payouts in the four races.(Nationwide PR)(4-4-2010)"

Notice that final line...

Cheryl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: