November 21, 2017, 07:17:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: probation for carl  (Read 1181 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: March 10, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »

nascar opened up the can of worms with the "back to basics" racing style of letting the drivers "have at it." well, now that they have "had at it', it's put nascar in an ugly situation. no matter how you slice it, media and fan outcry put them in a position to address his actions and place carl on probation for three races. that's like opening the cookie jar, then slapping your kid's hands when he digs in.

one of the most vocal in this situation has been dw. one line sums up my thought here. kettle meet pot. he, along with earnhardt were the kings of spin to win for years.

it will be interesting when bristol rolls around in a few weeks. i say let em "have at it" like hockey players, gloves off, beat the snot out of each other, then send them to cool off for five minutes.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:44:03 AM »

I fear when it comes time for NASCAR to really punish someone it's going to be one of the mid level teams that could never afford a fine and suspension.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »

I fear when it comes time for NASCAR to really punish someone it's going to be one of the mid level teams that could never afford a fine and suspension.
Like they did to Carl Long for a non-safety violation in an exhibition race?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: