August 18, 2017, 09:33:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Typical Fox  (Read 2444 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 01, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »

So typically Fox goes to commercial just as the pass for the win happens. Thank goodness for PRN on XM so we could at least hear the battle between Gordon and Johnson for the lead. 

Then Fox shows Johnson running alone at the end when there was a good battle between Logano and somebody for a photo finish at the line.  When will TV ever understand we don't want to see a car running alone at the end when there's actually some close racing going on?

At one point in the race, the announcers were talking about one driver, the director was showing the in-car of another driver and the in-car audio was from a third driver!  How absurd!

I listened to PRN and heard about some side-by-side racing around the track and (as always), Fox was showing a single car running alone.  And what is their obsession with the Childress cars this season???  Oh wait, I guess that was their predetermined "storyline" for yesterday. 

DW really sounded out of it a lot of the time yesterday.  And early when Mike Joy was saying "Joey led a lot of laps yesterday," I was like "Was he even in that race yesterday???"  Thankfully, somebody corrected him.  Perhaps his brain has been addled by spending 9 years locked up in the broadcast booth with DW and Larry.   Wink

Cheryl

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. The miscues in the booth get worse every week.
Also what happened to the broadcast time being in sync with the estimated race start time? They advertised pre race shows the first 2 races and then they revert back to the old habit of confusing fans by coming on an hour prior to the start as a ruse to get viewers to tune in. Don't they realize that turns us off? If it's advertised to start at 3pm and you pretend the race starts at 2 pm, you are going to lose viewers!

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

I agree on the ruse by Fox to try and get viewers to tune in an hour before the race.  Since they've been doing the last few years, I haven't been bothering with their pre-race show.  They are nothing but useless fluff for the most part anyway.  I look at the "weekend schedule" on racingone.com and then add 20 minutes to the supposed "race start."  Yesterday the green flag did not wave until about 3:17 eastern.  So the entire propaganda thing by NA$CAR about "earlier start times" is just as bogus as the Fox "start times."   Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: