November 23, 2017, 04:19:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Green/White/Checkers  (Read 1020 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 12, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »

NA$CAR sure slipped that one under the radar yesterday (or else it was because we didn't have internet for most of the day).  Right before the Twin 125s, they announced they would now have THREE attempts at a G/W/C for all series.  Wow!  So much for all the "safety" concerns they spouted when they put that into effect a few years ago.  While I don't agree that the race is over if the caution comes out on the white flag lap (like in the Shootout), I'm not sure I want to see the carnage of multiple G/W/C at Daytona...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »

I actually disagree.  Although the rule is not perfect, it is better and it led to the fantastic finish that occurred yesterday.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:23:56 AM »

I'm mixed. Like Desmond said it made for a great finish, but G/W/C also creates a "what if" scenerio.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 03:57:42 PM »

too many variables, but remember it is a show for the fans and from the attendance figures for speedweeks, nascar is in for a long season of empty seats

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: