November 18, 2017, 07:10:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About the points  (Read 1232 times)
Vivian
« on: September 06, 2004, 05:40:16 PM »

Found this to be very interesting and it sure gives us something to think about.  However, I am sure those point losses will never emerge for Jr but will hang over Jamie if he does not make the top ten.

http://www.racingunderdog.com/articles/04/09/05.htm

The other article by Matt is interesting as his always are.

http://www.racingone.com/column.asp?artnum=20562
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 06:25:18 PM »

Vivian, the link does not work.  Please remove one of the slashes between "http" and "www."

I had to type up the address, but I enjoyed the article.  Matt gives us a slice of racing life that will never again be repeated, honoring a tradition that I'm afraid will never return.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 05:08:45 AM »

Thanks Desmond.

I also have a link posted about Frances under the General Chit Chat Forum
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 01:12:36 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"

The other article by Matt is interesting as his always are.

http://www.racingone.com/column.asp?artnum=20562

Great article by McLaughlin!  He sure said it all about the loss of tradition.
Sounds like he did something similar to what Lou and I did on Sunday.  Since the weather was beautiful, we washed our trailer, grilled some steaks, and then went out and took in a movie in the evening.  And my head really didn't explode by missing a NASCAR race.   :wink:   Like Matt, I checked out the results on the web yesterday morning.  Didn't sound like I missed much...

It seems right that Harvick and Labonte fell out of the top ten.  They really haven't been very consistent and neither has won a race this year.  Good to see Martin made it in, but I am indifferent about Kahne making it.  Really would rather see Jarrett make it in instead of a rookie...Maybe he can do it with a good run this week at Richmond.  My fear is Harvick will be desperate to try and get back in the top 10 and ruin others good runs.  After the childish behavior he displayed with Rudd after the race last year, I wouldn't be surprised.  

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 03:24:11 PM »

i'd like to see jarrett make because of the good effort he and his people made sun night.
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 05:29:54 PM »

Don't care if Kahne or Martin get there or not.  I would like to see Jarrett in it though.  He has been coming on good lately and deserves it.  The one I am concerned about most is McMurray.  It would be great if he overcame the penalty like Jr did and make it.  I think next weekend is when we will see the real champion.  Either Gordon or Johnson and they will deserve special accolades, imo.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 07:01:40 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
The one I am concerned about most is McMurray.  It would be great if he overcame the penalty like Jr did and make it.

What "penalty" are you talking about?  

I guess I feel Jamie is in the same category with Kahne; that he really hasn't "paid enough dues" to be a champion even under this twisted system.  Sorry, that's just the way I feel.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 08:20:31 PM »

Can't remember what race but Jamie was docked 25 points for the sameo' detrimental to stock car racing crap for bumping someone as retaliation.  I had forgotten all about it until I read that one article I posted with the Matt one and then the replay of him on Wind Tunnel last night.  

I don't think he deserves to be champion but I would like to have him in the top 10.  Mainly cause he did get the penalty like Jr and if he doesn't then it will have been the penalty that cost him that opportunity.  Jr will lose his penalty when the points are reset but Jamie won't if he does not fall into the top ten this weekend.
sally
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 10:30:24 PM »

Can't remember the race, but the penalty was when Jamie and Matt Kenseth got into the bumper rubbing contest after the race.   25 points and 10K.
Sally
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 10:47:33 PM »

guys that may have been at bristol  spring race  i'm not  100%  sure.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 04:33:56 PM »

It was the Food City 500 at Bristol in March, and it was the loss of tempers that occurs sometimes on the short tracks.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 05:44:38 PM »

You know, I was just thinking.....duh, yeah I do that occasionally. :roll:

Didn't Harvick and Kenseth suffer points losses (by position placement only) when they had their little tete-a-tete after a race when they were moved back several positions after the race?  Kenseth suffered no ill effects but I think it ultimately cost Kevin about 30 points.  Anyone else remember this?
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 05:49:53 PM »

Yes, Vivian, you are correct.  And I'm sure Kevin is thinking really hard about it now, too, especially since he still contends he never touched Kenseth.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 03:55:48 PM »

And Matt Kenseth probably felt like Charlie Brown in the Coasters hit song, "Why are they always picking on me?" :lol:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: