November 20, 2017, 04:46:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Despain on Assignment: Talladega  (Read 864 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 27, 2009, 11:46:54 AM »

Not sure if anyone else saw this show which was shown on Sunday at 10 p.m. on SPEED.  I recorded it and watched it last night.  Dave had some really interesting stuff about how France, Sr. found the site for the track and great pictures showing it being built.  Loved the aerial shots with an empty infield (something I've never seen) where you could see the old Army landing strip is still there.  A lot of the stuff about the first race and the boycott by the drivers I'd heard before, but Dave had a lot of other stuff (including quotes from Petty, Allison and Brickhouse) that was new and very interesting.

Only thing that I didn't understand was how they had to get Richard Childress, his anniversary and Earnhardt into the end of the show.  Really, reallly loose connection to the origins of the track and the first race there IMHO.  Why does every network feel they must throw in DE to any documentary these days?

If they show this again, I recommend you check it out!  

Edit:  Just saw on Scene Daily that it is on several more times this week:

Dave Despain on Assignment: Talladega  Fri, Oct 30  12:30 am  SPEED  
Dave Despain on Assignment: Talladega  Fri, Oct 30  12:30 pm  SPEED  
Dave Despain on Assignment: Talladega  Fri, Oct 30  08:00 pm  SPEED  

Cheryl
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:59:11 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: