November 19, 2017, 07:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Incident for Mikey  (Read 33035 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 22, 2009, 11:45:46 PM »

Perhaps he ought to start using a chauffer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4585675

Hope the other guy is okay.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:00:39 PM »

More from Scene Daily today:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Michael_Waltrip_involved_in_minor_traffic_accident_with_motorcyclist.html

Cheryl
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:55:08 PM by Cheryl » Logged
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 03:17:48 AM »

I know I'm not as smart as the corporate CEO's, otherwise I wouldn't be living down here in the NC swamps existing on Busch Light stimulus coupons and the few fish I catch; but how can Mikey keep sponsors?  His recent public driving incidents just don't send the right message to me as far as a "fan" image type thing.  I can see Aarons eating it up; "you rent from us and you're bulletproof", but I used to feel NAPA was a reputable, American company and can't see their continued interest in his operation.  Scott Wimmer's incident was very similar to Mikey's but when the police came calling, he; albeit reluctantly, manned up, took his licks and was pretty much blackballed from Cup.  There's gotta be justice somewhere in the world...just not if you're a highly visible person in Mooresville, NC.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »

I couldn't agree with you more, James.  I simply can't believe all his shilling for his sponsors can continue to offset all the negative press he keeps getting.  From the jet fuel incident a couple years ago at Daytona, to these two car accidents.

Yet, half the fans still seem to love him and SPEED channel continues to have him ruin the truck broadcasts (for me) with his manic announcing.  It makes no sense to me... Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »

otherwise I wouldn't be living down here in the NC swamps existing on Busch Light stimulus coupons and the few fish I catch;

You got beer stimulus coupons??? Honey, pack your bags, we're moving to NC sooner than we thought!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: