November 23, 2017, 04:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beating the horse to death  (Read 786 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: September 04, 2004, 04:27:14 PM »

Starting today, Speed Channel will present a new program, Chase for the NEXTEL Cup, one hour before the start of coverage of all Nextel Cup and Busch series races.

This weekend, the shows will air at 11 a.m. (2 p.m. Eastern) today and 3 p.m. (6 p.m. Eastern) Sunday.

That's great!  I'm sure you'll really like the chase now :evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 06:13:01 PM »

I think I have begun to get an od on all this chase stuff.  I find I am surfing to watch more other stuff now.  I am also starting to bypass Totally Nascar several days a week, don't care if I catch Inside Cup on Monday, never watch Trackside anymore, never Nascar Live, any of the 360 shows, hardly any of the pre race.  I am choosing some of the other types of racing shows in lieu of practice and even quals.  Doubt if I will watch that new show, but may check it out just out of curiousity.  :roll:

There are Extreme Dirt Cars showing today.
sally
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 07:26:44 PM »

As I was cruising channels, I caught a bit of the "coverage" on Speed...Larry Mac was saying  he wondered what they would find to talk about if it weren't for the Chase drivers 8th thru 15.  AAAAAACK!  :shock:  How about the top 5, eh?  Or the top 3 that are within 75 points of each other?  Gee, it's too bad that it's such a runaway at the top, isn't it?

This is the crap that drives me absolutely NUTS!  OK, so maybe it's a short trip, but....really!  We have one of the tightest points races up front in years, and it has been totally ignored..because it's now irrelevant.

If turning off my TV this weekend has any shot at waking someone up, I'm all for it.  This is such a joke.

Yes, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!
 :evil:
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 06:56:04 PM »

I am sure they (Nascar) are thinking the top 3 are only that close and tight in points due to the new system.  Just my thoughts on that matter.

Any football on today?  Not Nascar but ESPN is showing quals from Indy.
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 04:22:36 PM »

Vivian, you are probably absolutely right that they are attributing the tight points up front to the new system, which only goes to show just how assinine they are.  How on earth can the new points system have ANYTHING to do with that?  Seriously, can anyone answer that?  I am sure the guys at the top who are so busy patting themselves on the back could come up with some ridiculous theory, but honestly, the chase has had no affect on the points yet.  This is the tightest points race yet, and no one cares.  

Damn them all...... :evil:  :twisted:  :x
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 05:38:51 PM »

BTW, on all these programs and the beating the horse to death theory, I no longer get Totally Nascar on one of my FX sports channels and the other channel showed it at 1130pm last night.  I notice that it's normal time was replaced by Totally Football.  One more show down the road for me, I guess....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: