November 19, 2017, 02:12:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cup vs truck TV ratings  (Read 502 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: October 02, 2009, 01:36:43 AM »

I've have read Cup ratings per race continue to drop from last year and the Truck Series ratings per race have increased from last year. I wonder if it's network or on track action thats the reason. For me it's a combo of both that have driven me to Truck Series more this year.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »

I guess I really don't understand the claims that the truck series is SO good lately.  IMHO, they keep getting more boring every week, going to so many superspeedways.  Aero-push and trucks running away with it make it so boring to me - compared to the days when they used to run on mostly short tracks.  Then the fact so many of them are on REALLY late at night these days.  I get up early for work and so I can't stay up for a race that doesn't start until 9:30-10:00 on a Friday night. 

As to the TV coverage on SPEED, I like Krista and Ray Dunlap and think they do a great job in the pits.  Adam Alexander is okay, and thankfully not obtrusive.  But Rick Allen still gets on my nerves with his hyping of things that aren't that exciting.  Then there's Michael Waltrip and his manic idea of play-by-play - that nearly drives me away from the broadcasts entirely.  If Lou didn't dislike the disconnect between TV and radio, I'd listen to the audio on MRN for any race on which Waltrip appears.  Phil Parsons is the voice of reason generally, but when Michael's there, it seems like he gets all hyped up and starts trying to outdo Michael in the manic department.  I've enjoyed the races where Benson is in the booth so much more.  Guess I'm just old-school and prefer his more low-key approach.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: