November 19, 2017, 09:44:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The King and a Prince?  (Read 1244 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 30, 2009, 03:31:03 PM »

Heard about this on XM yesterday.  Pretty wild if you ask me:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/George_Gillett_enters_into_agreement_with_Saudi_Arabia-based_sports_management_firm.html

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:30:51 AM »

I really don't know what to think of this.  IMHO, Gillett has pretty much bought the Petty name to add credibility to his racing endeavors.  Richard is pretty much George's "Howdy Dowdy", reacting to George's string pulls.

It all kind of makes me sick..my great-uncle founded my interest in NASCAR as he worked on Lee's cars away back then.  I'm sure there's a mound of dirt about to erupt somewhere around Level Cross, NC from Lee spinning in his grave.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:51:12 PM »

Ya know, James, I hear ya. I think it is funny to see all the sheiks or whatever involved in thorobred racing. Whereever there is big money involved, the Arab oil folks seem to be attracted, some times by the natives who just cannot resist the temptation to get even more $ in the pot.

Oh well,....

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »

First of all, welcome back everyone!  I feel really bad for Lou and all the troubles he has had with this forum.  Who would do such a thing? Huh?

As for the new partnership, I know that James is upset, but that's the way NASCAR is nowadays.  A lot of it is simply unrecognizable to the old-timer, from the tracks to the racing to the source of the money.  No other major sport has changed more in a shorter amount of time.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »

You are probably correct about that, Desmond. Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

The latest news is that Kasey has comeout and stated he will be looking for a new ride for 2001.  And that his contract allows him to start looking in January 2010.  It certainly doesn't sound like he's happy with all the changes...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: