November 24, 2017, 04:24:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Injection  (Read 695 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 10, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »

There have been rumors on the web the last couple of months that NASCAR was looking at moving to fuel injected engines.  I guess I really didn't believe they'd ever be able to police it properly.

Right now on XM, they're talking to Gary Nelson about it, who has been "consulting" with NASCAR for a while.  He said he's been working with sports cars teams for a couple of years and said that the fuel injection engines there are actually as simple as a carberator and he thinks they won't have any problem policing them. 

Seems this is all towards the "green" movement and saving fuel.  It will certainly add a new dimension to racing as we know it.  Interesting...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »

I'm all for the fuel injection use. Why not? I still would lik to see them run run smaller engines in the N wide series, say limit the displacement to, say, 275 cubic inches. Let them run V8s or any other configuration, and have them go at it. I think that would be a lot more fun that the ultra regulated, too expensive way they are doing it now.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:15:17 PM »

with fuel injection, teams would be able to use the msd box to program traction control. that is why we are not allowed to use msd boxes in our series.  going "green"? you have drivers sitting in diesel powered coaches for three days and jetting in and out in private jets and they want to tell me how to save the planet? oh boy!

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:44:55 PM »

Yeah, I'm not impressed by the "Green" argument either.

William James
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »

They want to be more green alright, just not the ecological interpretation of it.

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »

They want to be more green alright, just not the ecological interpretation of it.

HA, HA  Grin Grin

William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: