November 21, 2017, 07:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Boring  (Read 731 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 11, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »

To me, the dumb-ass restarts didn't help the racing at the Glen a bit.  It was still a pretty boring race with the same follow the leader up front all day.  Yes, there was some side-by-side racing in the pack, but it didn't seem like anyone could pass up front, which is what I've disliked about the road courses for the last 10 years or so. 

Horrible, horrible wrecks for a few guys, especially Hornish and Gordon!  That and the wreck Leffler had in the same place during Busch practice makes me think those tire barriers make the wrecks a lot worse than they needed to be.  It's like the rubber grabbed the cars and made them bounce up in the air and back across the track.  I noticed that ISC hasn't spent any money on SAFER barrier at the Glen when much of the track is still lined with Arco barriers.  I know they don't give much, but it's almost like if Hornish had hit one of those he wouldn't have flown up in the air and back across the track in front of so many other guys.  But frankly, I think SAFER barriers would be best, but that would require a big $$$$ investment on the part of ISC...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:18:45 PM »

OK, OK. I know that I'm one of the few around here who likes road courses, but I did not get to see the race, only some highlights. It looked to me like perhaps another car hit Hornish before he went flyin and spinning into Gordon. Was that the case?

It was a nasty wreck in any case.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »

That was a nasty wreck between Gordon and Hornish. 

I think your right that something needs to be done with the tire walls.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »

OK, OK. I know that I'm one of the few around here who likes road courses, but I did not get to see the race, only some highlights. It looked to me like perhaps another car hit Hornish before he went flyin and spinning into Gordon. Was that the case?

Yes, Kahne's car got loose and trying to correct it, he got into Hornish.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 11:40:39 AM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »

Thankfully we don't see cars spinning around that fast very often. Made me dizzy just watching it. Sam must have been pretty shook up.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:25:32 AM »

Yep, I'm still alive, and watched some of the race.  The thing that baffled me more than anything was the full course caution for "debris".   C'mon, a full course caution for debris on a road course?  I have no problem with the red flag after the Gordon/Hornish accident (seems ESPN considered that a caution also for a long time), but a debris caution without off track excursions or obvious contact?  The broadcast along with the dull racing reminded me why I've pretty much quit watching NASCAR.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »

I've been saying the same thing the last few years - how come in Cup they always throw full-course cautions, yet they don't do that in Nationwide?  I'm pretty sure they had local cautions this week on Saturday, just not Sunday.

Again, I just think it the different rules for the "top" series to turn it more and more into only entertainment, not racing.   Roll Eyes  Any excuse to tighten up the field because in Cup it always gets strung out up front.  Any excuse to have yet another dumb-ass restart...

Cheryl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: