November 18, 2017, 03:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Low in Political Correctness?  (Read 785 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 30, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »

This is absurd in response to AJ Allmendinger's recent DUI:

"AJ Allmendinger, driver for the #44 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2009. Allmendinger has violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. (NASCAR PR)(10-29-2009)".

I'm sorry, but how is this "detrimental" to the sport when all of Michael Waltrip's antics aren't?Huh? Roll Eyes

Ridiculous!

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:33:33 AM »

Amen sister.  The only thing consistent with NASCAR is it's inconsistency.  Just look at how they handled the Scott Wimmer, Kurt Busch, Miky's two incidents, and AJ.  They were each handled differently and reflects NASCAR's lack of established policy.  I guess NASCAR owns the ball and reserves the right to determine which hoops one must jump through to stay in their good graces.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:34:53 PM »

I wish that I could add some relatively profound thought to all this, but, alas, I cannot. I'm really getting tired of all the Nascar crap. Even my favorite driver, who did not make the chase, was still second in annual earnings this year, (to J J of course). Good Golly! Money, too much of it, has truly ruined what had become, 10 to 15 years ago, my favorite sport. Oh well,.....

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: