November 25, 2017, 02:54:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Less Full-Time Whacker?  (Read 743 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:17 AM »

Comments from Kyle Busch while at Dover this week:

"It's been good and maybe it's taken a little bit away from the Cup effort. I don't think it has but were already talking about next year and cutting it back and getting our Cup efforts back up to where they need to be. Hopefully we can get it down to about 22 or 24 Nationwide Series races, just companion stuff not flying all over the place."(Dover Speedway PR)(8-5-2009)"

Now if Carl would just back it down too, maybe the Busch regulars might at least have a chance to win at the stanalone events (and the championship).

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:22:45 AM »

i am sure that car will be shared with the other gibbs drivers and loose on of the other three they run weekly

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »

i am sure that car will be shared with the other gibbs drivers and loose on of the other three they run weekly

True, but at least this might give a Busch regular the chance to win the championship.  That is IF Carl, Joey, etc. don't decide to run for the junior varsity championship next year...

And to me, the car owner championship means absolutely nothing, no matter how much hoopla TV tries to make about it.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »

After Matt Kenseth was in that awful wreck at Dega, I believe it was, I'd be happy if none of the Roush Cup drivers drove N'Wide again.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »

Nope, not one less full-time Whacker just a swap. Brad K going full-time Busch racing for Penske negates Busch's schedule cutback.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:05 PM »

Yeah, I heard that too, Brian AND that Carl is still going to run a full Busch schedule.  I really don't understand why he feels he needs to run the full schedule.  Keselowski, yes, he probably still needs more seat time.  But after all these years, Carl certainly doesn't.  And if Roush claims is a "sponsor thing," then just get a sponsor for Carl for the companion events and give some other driver the opportunity at the standalone events.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: