November 20, 2017, 10:02:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lebanon Valley Flooded  (Read 1059 times)
shawn
Legend

« on: August 02, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »

Last Wednesday we received some heavy rains up this way (Western Mass/Eastern NY) which completely flooded Lebanon Valley Speedway.  Many people who race at the drag strip leave their trailers at the track for the season and there were some who couldn't get their trailers out before being flooded.  Water was to the roof on some trailers.  There are also fans who leave their campers at the track that were also flooded out.  I have friends who camp, but thankfully their campers where parked in the high part of the parking area and were not damaged.  However, they are stuck their on an island till the water goes down.

Here are some pictures that I took Friday night:
http://shawnspics.smugmug.com/gallery/9112594_ZrxRE#607333429_pdTKS

Yesterday when I went by the track, the water level had receded quite a bit, but the pits of the dirt track were still under water.  Also, the parking area where the campers park was still under water.  They were pumping the remaining water out of the track and repairs where already under way.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

Oh man, Shawn!  That is just terrible for the teams and fans who left their trailers at the track.  I feel so sorry for them!  Thanks for telling us about it and posting the pictures. 

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

yeah, it def wasn't a good situation over there.  But, there is some good news, the water is gone and both the dragstrip and dirt track will be running this weekend.

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 09:21:47 PM »

glad everyone is ok, and mother nature has been kinda cranky this year

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:56 AM »

You got that right, July was one of the wettest months on record up here.

Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »

There were some not-so-cheap motorhomes and trailers there Shawn! I'm surprised people would leave them there like that, just because of how much they cost.

Guess you must not have much crime up north eh? :-)

Lou

shawn
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »

I know the dragstrip gets locked up at night and there are usually people around during the day, but it does surprise me so many people leave their stuff there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: