November 22, 2017, 12:00:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oswego Speedway  (Read 1159 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: July 06, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »

If i may post this Cheryl...
If you are in the Oswego, New York area this weekend, July 11th, and need something to do, head over to the famed Oswego Speedway for the heart-pounding, earth-moving supermodifieds as the winged warriors of speed will compete for a $10,000 to win 50 lap A-main. There are 3 former Indy 500 participants in the field of 41 pre-entered cars (Davey Hamilton, Joe Gosek and Bentley Warren) , with 15-20 more entries possible after the Super Tuesday ISMA show at Stafford this week.

The offset cars will set times around 15 seconds (148 mph avg) around the 5/8 mile oval. The winning driver will pocket $10,000 from Burke's Home Centers, Community Bank and AT&T and have the chance to pick up another $10,000 if he should win the non-winged Mr. Supermodified race in August. On top of that AT&T has set up a "Roll Over" bonus for the driver who completes that task and will receive another $20,000 from AT&T, making these two races the richest in supermodified history. General Admission seats are $25, pit passes are $40.

If you should make it to the track, look for me at the #7 Frank May Garage/Burke's Home Center/DEI/Ice Oil Company piloted by Charlie Schultz and the #77 Frank May Garage/FAST Racing Engines/Howe Enterprises/Ice Oil Company of Tim Ice (yes the same Tim Ice of late model fame)

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

ok, gotta toot our own horns some more...

Charlie is the KING OF WINGS!!!!!!!!

http://superracingnews.com/supernews/?p=608

ken

shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »

Congrats!

That 10k payday doesn't hurt either.

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 03:25:16 PM »

no kidding. our non-wing car is not competitive with the newer cars so charlie is in discussion with a car owner to get a ride for the other $10,000 show August 1st.

ken

shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:07:33 AM »

Did Charlie pick up a ride for this weekends race?  Also, not sure if you guys save clippings from various newspapers, but the Gator has a victory lane picture and a picture of Tim and Charlie racing together.  If you're interested I can scan it in and send it your way.

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »

only 5 days away and still in negotiations to get it done. thanks for offering to send the pic. the oswego paper, palladine-times had a really nice article too. they sent some copies to the shop for us. and i think there is a full page ad in last week's NSSN from one of the sponsors.
lots of cools things to put in the scrapbook.
 email it to me bigkenny300@roadrunner.com
thanks
ken

thanks

shawn
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:11:31 AM »

I'll scan it in at work tomorrow and send it your way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: