November 17, 2017, 06:44:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Frightening Finish!  (Read 522 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 06, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

I hope NA$CAR is happy with their yellow line rules double-file restarts and bogus final caution Saturday night.  After a boring race, they managed to pander to the lowest-common denominator again with flying cars and a "spectacular" finish.  Regardless of who was involved, I was really frightened for both Kyle Busch and Kasey Kahne after that horrible wreck at the end of the race.  At least Stewart had the good grace to not gloat in Victory Lane like we saw with the winner at Talladega.  He seemed sincere when he said he didn't like to win like that. 

IF they had not thrown that bogus "debris" caution Saturday, we'd most likely have had a sedate (boring) finish.  I might have complained about it, but at least I wouldn't have worried that a couple of drivers might have been seriously injured or worse because of the situation NA$CAR set up.  You can talk "blocking" or whatever, but NA$CAR has placed the drivers in the situation where things like this are going to continue to happen.  At least this time, no innocent spectators were injured in the melee..

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »

I have never been a huge fan of Kyle Busch, but I can't believe how the fans reacted after the last-lap crash.  They were cheering wildly even before Busch left the car.  That should never happen.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »

You know, Desmond, I sincerely believe that Nascar just loves all the silly emotion the fans have for Busch. It has something to do with the philosophy that bad publicity is better than no publicity, so the more controversy the better. And every time they invoke some silly rule to "punish" a driver, and the fans get worked up. the better from Nascar's standpoint.

Too darn bad that racing itself is not good enough,....

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »

Too darn bad that racing itself is not good enough,....

Exactly, Dick!  Too bad NA$CAR feels they need the contrivances of Lucky Dogs, the Chase and now the goobldy-gook of the doublefile restarts...

Here's an interesting article by John Close, whom Lou and I know from USAR.  He was just on Sirius XM talking about the frightening ending to the race and so I checked out his article which is worth reading:

http://www.closefinishes.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000010/001002.htm

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: