November 18, 2017, 09:27:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southern 500  (Read 1037 times)
Vivian
« on: September 02, 2004, 04:07:55 PM »

Will that review be opened so we can post there about the lack of broadcast and racers showing up??  :twisted:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 01:17:14 PM »

I don't know...I think we ought to post our comments under "race talk" instead or "TV talk."  Since there really isn't a broadcast and I'd like to keep that section confined to everyone's opinions on the actual broadcast.  Does that make any sense?   :?

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 03:43:39 PM »

With the threats of boycott by fans throughout the country, as well as possible preemptions due to Hurricane Frances, will there be any postings in the Pop Secret 500 race review?  :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 06:09:49 PM »

My opinion is this - if you are REALLY serious about your displeasure about moving the Southern 500, then you should post NOTHING.  Whether or not there is a forum for you to post comments matters not.

There should be no race broadcast review comments, there should be no race talk comments, there should be NOTHING. Get it? If you are not serious, then post away. Don't watch the race, don't read other people's words about the race, don't watch replays of the race, etc...You can't have it both ways. You can't be respected for an opinion if you can't control your fingers on the keyboard.

If you are just feeling the need to type, then your boycott means nothing. You are, in effect, giving the California race credibility just by talking about it.

Lou "curmudgeon without status" Lauer

sally
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 05:51:41 PM »

Lou, does that mean we can't even watch the replay later in the week when the ratings don't count?
Sally
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Lou, does that mean we can't even watch the replay later in the week when the ratings don't count?

Sally,
I'll assume you were just joking....but just in case you were not, since I didn't see any smiley faces :-)...

The previous post is only MY opinion. You are free to do whatever you would like, whenever you would like. SpeedCouch.com is here to provide a place to discuss things relating to race broadcasts. Just because our opinion or path chosen is one way, most certainly does not mean that we want everyone to follow our lead. If we did, we would not have put up an area for readers to review the California race broadcast if they choose.

Unlike NASCAR, we will not require you to drink the koolaid en mass.  :twisted:

We can't help it that we are right and you are not  :lol:  Tongue  

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »

Dang it, Lou!  You trying to O.D. on emoticons like I almost did??

BTW, Don always says "You can either agree with me or be wrong."
sally
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

There was a race this weekend?  How did I manage to miss Darlington?

(Yes, I was kidding.  I just thought you had OD'd on emoticons :oops: )
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: