November 22, 2017, 08:29:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess it was not a good time,....  (Read 723 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: June 14, 2009, 03:35:59 PM »

for me to read Brian Vickers comments in the paper this morning. He recited the Corporate/ Waltrip line about Toyota Camry being the only Cup car being built in the USA right now, etc.

With out debating the merits of that statement, I just happened to wat the movie GRAN TORINO last night. If you have not seen it, I won't be the spoiler, BUT, I then tuned into the KY race, at about the halfway point only to see Kyle leading and a mostly unsponsored car running second. Of course, the N Wide regular had no chance against the bushwhackers, so I turned off the TV. Sad.

The greed of Gibbs, Roush and the rest is really turning me off.

Take care every one. I got an old truck to wash,...

Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »

Dick,

We actually went to a theater and saw Gran Torino back in January! Great movie! 

As to the Toys dominating, particularly in Busch, it is ridiculous!  NA$CAR doesn't seem to care that they still seem to have more horsepower than anyone else. 

I just heard on XM that Baby Brian is probably going to be courting MORE foreign brands to hedge his bets if Chevy/Dodge can't continue as before.   Angry

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: