November 23, 2017, 09:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benson Team Shuts Down  (Read 501 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 08, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

I just heard on Sirius/XM that Red Horse Racing has shut down Johnny Benson's team down because of lack of sponsorship.   Cry  This makes absolutely no sense!  Keep the other young guy in the 11 and leave the 2008 Truck Series Champion out in the cold?Huh?  JB was also higher in the points than his teammate.
On Sirius/XM, they were saying this was directly attributed to NA$CAR not allowing them a sponsor earlier this year.  I can't remember who/what the sponsor was right now, but NA$CAR said they didn't like the sponsor or else TV said they wouldn't show them during the broadcasts or something.  Either way, this  is just another nail in the coffin of the truck series as far as I'm concerned.  First only 23 trucks who actually raced at TX the other night (10 of the 33 were reportedly start and parks), and now this...

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »

the sponsor in question that FOX negated was Remington Fire Arms.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »

the sponsor in question that FOX negated was Remington Fire Arms.

That's right!  Thanks!  Yeah, I think it was that when the sponsor heard that Fox/Speed wouldn't show their truck, they pulled out.  Can't blame them - what's the point of sponsoring a truck if they won't show it or mention it on TV?

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: