November 24, 2017, 02:01:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Long's fine  (Read 572 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »

During the long rain delays or during the pre-race was Carl Long's fine and suspension discussed in depth or did TV give it a quick mention, if at all.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »

Brian,

I think they mentioned it and how unfair it seemed since the $200,00 and loss of income from his job on a Busch team will put Carl out of business.  I listen to so much on Sirius-XM and all these days, I can't remember where I heard what anymore though.  I did hear on the radio, I believe, that Carl bought that engine from Bill Davis last year.  Being the Toy-hating conspiracy theorist that I am, I couldn't help but think that all the Toy engines were probably oversized and that (as usual) NA$CAR just chose to make an example of "the little guy" who can't stand up for himself.  Bet if that was a Joe Gibbs car, the infractions would've never seen the light of day...

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »

Sirius-XM was all over it but because it was Carl Long I wondered if FOX gave a rats behind. We know if it was Jimmy Johnson or Carl Edwards we'd never hear the end of the story.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: