November 19, 2017, 09:44:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Items on Jayski  (Read 354 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 01, 2004, 03:17:12 PM »

Just got around to checking out the rumors on Jayski today and found two very interesting things on there.

First, Mike Mulhern is reporting that NA$CAR may allow the sponsorship by Crown Royal for next year.  That's quite interesting...the minute Jeff Burton moves on from the 99 car, NASCAR changes it's mind on hard liquor?  I wonder what's up with that?  But if it happens, it sure will be a major turnaround on the policy NASCAR kept citing.  Maybe they're tired of all the heat they've taken because of their double standards.

Second, Toyota has withdrawn their factory support from the two teams for BANG racing and owner Alex Meshkin after the Bristol race (Skinner and Kvapil).  Can't say that breaks my heart...

Also there is a rumor that BANG will field a car for Kvapil in Busch next season.  I'm unclear if this will be a Toyota or an American owned manufacturer...In the immortal words of Ned Jarrett, "you know who I'm cheering for..."    :lol:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 07:25:56 PM »

I saw those articles.  From what I gathered on Wind Tunnel last night, Bang forfeited their contract when Larry Mc quit.  They kind of hinted at that anyway.  I also think the truck Travis drives is not Toyota sponsored like Mike's is.

On the Crown Royal thing, it is about time and I for one am happy it has happened after Jeff left.  Something about that whole situation does not ring true.  Just my suspicions again.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 10:04:36 PM »

i like the fact that nascar is finally allowing crown royal to get in on the action but i'm not thrilled about them waiting until jeff left the 99. that smells really fishy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: