November 25, 2017, 06:55:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratings Continue to Be Down  (Read 667 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 05, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »

I guess even all those promotions with Carl's car flying into the grandstands aren't attracting the "casual" viewers that Fox so covets.  They're still using that clip for promos for this week at Darlington.  Talk about bad taste...

The rating continue to be dropping each and every week.  Do you think Fox or BF will ever figure out they are continuing to drive away the long-time fans and the short-attention span viewers have already lost interest.  Even the good racing from Richmond couldn't keep people interested.  From Jayski:

"Richmond overnight TV Ratings: NASCAR on Fox posted a 3.7/7 for primetime racing from Richmond, off -12% from last year's 4.2/8. FOX's 3.6/7 primetime average was just good enough to win the night, edging out second-place NBC's 3.5/6, CBS' 3.4/6, and ABC's 2.5/5. For the season-to-date, NASCAR On FOX is averaging a 4.7/10, down -15% from last year's 5.5/11."

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »

i guess the dream of the tanked economy and those fans at home on race day did not equal higher ratings. guess those "fans" have other things to do

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:26 AM »

A caller to one of the Sirius NASCAR shows this morning made a good point on why ratings are down. He said three of his friends hit hard times and disconnected the cable. Everyone agreed this was not THE reason ratings are down but that it is possible that cable disconnections could be a small factor in the decline.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »

A caller to one of the Sirius NASCAR shows this morning made a good point on why ratings are down. He said three of his friends hit hard times and disconnected the cable. Everyone agreed this was not THE reason ratings are down but that it is possible that cable disconnections could be a small factor in the decline.

I don't buy that...Aren't all the Cup races are on over the air TV these days?  How much does a pair of rabbit ears cost? 

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »

Good points made in this article by another "Lou" about how TV has driven away so many of the core fans and the short attention span crowd have already found the next big thing.  He also points out how putting so many races on Saturday nights is affecting the ratings as well.

http://motorsportsnews.net/archives/3640

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: